Chapter 24

**This is my fan-fiction story based on characters from the show Torchwood. I do not own the names of the characters, except a few, and I do not of course own the story of Torchwood. I just used the names and some of the storyline for my fan-fiction story. I hope you enjoy. Please feel free to leave comments.** 

I wake up, still wrapped up in Jack’s arms. “Morning. How did you sleep?” I wonder if he was staring at me the whole time. “Okay, I guess. Did you sleep at all?” He shook his head no. So it’s quite possible he stared at me while I slept. I’m not really surprised. After the nightmare I had, I’m kinda glad he did. “Hungry? I can make breakfast.” He squeezed me a little. “Yea. That sounds good.” I try to roll over to see what time it is, but can’t. Jack still has a hold of me. “I just want to see what time it is.” He lifted his head a little, looked over me at my clock and then put his head back down. “It’s eleven-eleven.” He sighed a little.

“Where’s Amber and Des?” I asked trying to sit up. “They’re still asleep, or at least I think they are. I haven’t heard any movements.” He said. After a few minutes, he let go of me and rolled out of bed. “Going to make some breakfast now. I’ll let you do your thing.” He walked out of my room. I could hear him walking down the stairs. I got up and did my thing. I need a shower, but decide to wait until later. I go downstairs and head for the kitchen.

Ten minutes later, Des joins me in the kitchen. “Morning. How’d you sleep?” She sat down next to me. “Okay.” I looked at her and gave her a half smile. As Amber joined us, I turned back to continue watching Jack as he made us breakfast. Soon, I noticed Amber and Des are watching Jack too. I start to feel jealous. It’s not as silly as it sounds. I know these two and I know how they are with ‘their’ men. I do not want him around them any longer than he has to be. Thankfully they aren’t the type that will steal his number and keep it for themselves.

Jack serves us breakfast. “Charlie, can I talk to you for a minute?” He points to the living room. “Sure.” I walk with him into the living room. He sighed. “I hate to do this, but I have to leave today. There have been unusual weather patterns going on. I’m going to check it out. I want you to be careful” He looked worried and a little annoyed. “It’s fine Jack. I have those two to keep me company. We’ll probably shop and stuff.” I smiled at him. “No need to over worry about me.” I continued to smile at him. He finally smiled back at me. “Alright.” He hugs me. “I’ll be leaving in a few minutes.” He sighed again.

“Really, don’t worry about me. I’ll be fine.” He looked down at me. “Are you sure?” I chuckle. “As sure as this.” I move my face closer to his and kiss him. His lips are soft. He doesn’t pull away. He moves a little closer to me and I wrap my arms around his neck. We kiss for a good three minutes or so. His lips move down from my lips, to my chin, and then he pulls his head back just a little and kisses my forehead. “Okay.” He sighed. He pulled away, waved at me and headed out the door.

Wow! That kiss was nice. I turn and head back to the kitchen when I see Des and Amber standing just a few feet away, they’re smiling. Smiling really big. “What?” I walked passed them like nothing had happened. “We saw the whole thing.” Amber said as she sat back down. “Is he a great kisser?” Des batted her eyelashes like a silly school girl who has a secret crush on a boy. “Oh stop it. I just want to eat.” Des laughed. “You mean eat the breakfast he made you? How sweet.” I rolled my eyes. “What are our plans for today?” I want something to do today.

I thought about what he said. Unusual weather patterns? Really? I’m not going to overthink it. I could hear Des and Amber talking about seeing a movie and shopping. Shopping. Why shopping? It’s not like I need a whole bunch of stuff. Oh well. “I’m for either or both. Both sounds good.” I say a little too quickly. They both look at me. “Okay. We’ll do both then.” Des said. Amber rolled her eyes and nodded.

I finish my breakfast and head upstairs. Still don’t want to take a shower. I smell like Jack. He smells really nice. I decide to go ahead with the shower, I’ll just keep the clothes I was wearing somewhere else for now. An hour later, we all meet downstairs and get ready to head out. It’s a nice afternoon. We get into Amber’s SUV and head to the shops. Fifteen minutes later, we arrive at the first shop. Yay…Not.

We shop for hours. Amber’s complaining about her feet hurting. “Hey. This was your idea. I wanted to see a movie.” Des said as she got into the SUV. I put my hand on her shoulder. “At least we got the shopping done and out of the way.” She nodded. “That’s true.” Amber got in and we headed to the movies. The whole way there, Amber and Des are arguing about what movie we should see. Amber wants to see something other than a chick-flick and Des wants to see a chick-flick. I have to side with Amber. I’m not in the mood for a chick-flick.

We finally arrive. They are still bickering over what we’re watching. “We’re not watching a horror movie or a chick-flick. Anything in between is fine and that’s the end of it. Don’t argue with me.” I stood there, not moving. “Okay.” They both looked at each other and then at me. “It’s been decided. No horror or chick-flick movies.” We walk towards the window to buy our tickets. “Three tickets to Pacific Rim.” Des said. “Eighteen pound eighteen.” The guy at the window said. “Here. I want to pay this time.” I handed the guy my card. He slid my card and handed it back to me. “Thanks. Have a great night.” We walked inside. Amber and Des got drinks and popcorn. I didn’t want anything, so when they were done, we headed into the theatre.

The movie ends two hours later. “Wow! That movie was awesome!!” Des jumped up and down. “Yea. It was a good movie.” Amber agreed. I nodded my head. “Yea. It was good. We should see it again soon.” They agreed and we headed out. Just before we got to Amber’s SUV, my mobile rang. It’s Jack. When I picked up, he didn’t give me time to say anything at first. “Where are you?” He said. “We’re just leaving the movies. Why?” I got in and buckled up. “Get inside now and don’t leave!” Des turned around to look at me. “Is that Mr. Hotstuff?” Why is he yelling?” I shrugged. “What’s going on?” He didn’t say anything at first, then said, “It’s not safe outside, get indoors now!” Then he hung up.

“It’s not safe. What does he mean?” Amber looked back at me through her rearview mirror. “It’s as he said. It’s not safe. What part didn’t you understand?” I said. “Let’s get back to my house and quickly.” If Jack says it’s not safe, then it’s not safe. Amber scoffed at me and sped off towards my house.