Chapter 12

**This is my fan-fiction story based on characters from the show Torchwood. I do not own the names of the characters, except a few, and I do not of course own the story of Torchwood. I just used the names and some of the storyline for my fan-fiction story. I hope you enjoy. Please feel free to leave comments.** 

As I sat on the couch doing searches on PLDNC, I start thinking about thinking about the files I copied from grandfather’s computer. Maybe there’s something in the files about PLDNC. I do a search through the files for PLDNC….Nothing. Damn! I was hoping there would be something about PLDNC. Wait. Maybe there’s something on grandfather’s computer about PLDNC. I didn’t get all of the files copied to my computer. I feel a little excited. Maybe I can find out who took grandfather and why they are after me.

I pack up my computer and take it with me. I dare not leave it here. I say goodbye to Tosh, Owen, Suzie, and Ianto as I head out. I get to my car when Jack comes out of nowhere and scares the shit out of me. I was not expecting him to come up to me. I thought he had left to take care of whatever he needed to take care of. “Sorry. I didn’t mean to scare you. Where are you headed?” He put his hand on my shoulder. “I am going to my grandfather’s to get some more of my stuff. I was going to text you when I got there.” I moved away from him a little. “Need help?” He sounded like he didn’t believe me. I really was going to grandfather’s house. I could get more of my clothes and stuff that’s there as well, so technically I’m not lying.

“What? Don’t believe me? If you want, you can come with me and help me load up my clothes and stuff.” I winked at him. I honestly didn’t think he wanted to tag along just to help me gather my stuff. He scoffed and then said, “No. Just be careful. Text me every ten minutes so I know you’re alright.” He turned and walked away, not letting me respond or refuse what he wanted. I get in my car and drive away.

I arrive at grandfather’s house and I text Jack to let him know I made it. Once I do that, I head over to the door and go inside…….. Something seems different. I don’t know what it is yet, but I just know something’s different. Something doesn’t feel right. I get an uneasy feeling and I immediately call Jack. “What’s wrong? You just sent me a text a minute or two ago.” He said when he answered. “Something’s not right Jack.” I still have that uneasy feeling. “What do you mean?” He sounded a little worried. “As soon as I walked into the house, I noticed something seems different. I don’t know what it is, but I have an uneasy feeling Jack.” I was starting to freak out a little. “Charlie. Get out now! I’m on my way now.” I heard something coming from the kitchen.

I am really starting to freak out. Instead of leaving, I ran upstairs to grandfather’s office. His laptop is still sitting on his desk. I grab it, the power cord and the travel bag he uses for it. I pack it all up and then I go to my old room and lock the door. I hear someone coming up the stairs and I hide in the bathroom. I turned my mobile on silent so if I get a call, whoever is here wouldn’t be able to hear it. Whoever is here doesn’t try to come into my room. It sounds like they are headed for grandfather’s office. It’s a good thing I grabbed his computer before they got in there.

It’s silent. I don’t hear whoever is here anymore. I think they are still in grandfather’s office. I call Jack. “Where the hell are you?” I whispered. I didn’t want whoever to hear me. “We’re pulling up into the driveway. Where are you?” I’ve never heard him sound this worried before. “I’m locked up in my room.” Yeah. He’s going to be really mad at me. “You’re where?!?” He yelled. Yep. There it is. “Whoever is here is in grandfather’s office. If I leave now, they’ll be able to catch up to me before I get to you. Hurry up please.” I’m trying not to freak out. I know Jack and the team’s here, but I still don’t feel safe yet.

I hear the Torchwood team enter and run up the stairs. Jack immediately head to my room. He starts banging on the door. “Open up! It’s me.” I go and open it up. Jack runs in, slams the door shut and locks it. “What the hell where you thinking?!?!” he yells at me. “I told you to get out of the house, not run and hide in your room!” I was about to answer when we hear noises coming from grandfather’s office. The window gets broken and we here Owen yell and then it gets quiet. A minute later, there’s a knock on my bedroom door. It’s Owen. “Whoever was here is gone now. They jumped out of the window.” He said when Jack opened the door.

“We’re on the second floor. They must’ve gotten hurt when they jumped.” I said. “Yea. He probably has a broken leg. When he jumped out, he landed on a car. Whoever he was, he wasn’t alone since the car drove off right after he got in.” Owen said as he handed a device to Jack. “I wonder what they were after.” Jack said. I looked down at the laptop bag I was still clutching onto for dear life. “They were after this.” I pointed to the bag. “What’s in it?” Owen asked. “It’s my grandfather’s laptop. It has all of his work and personal files on it.” I said still holding on to it. Owen tried to take it, but I backed away and he put his hands up. “Okay. I won’t take it.” He backed away and headed downstairs.

“Why did you come up here when I told you to leave?” Jack had a mixed emotions look on his face. I feel kind of bad, but if I had listened to him, they would’ve gotten grandfather’s computer. “I heard a noise coming from the kitchen and immediately thought about grandfather’s computer.” I started to walk out of the bedroom when Jack stopped me. “I’m glad you were able to get it, but next time, please do what I say. I don’t want anything bad to happen to you.” He looked sad, then it turned to worry. “I’m sorry.” I stepped closer to Jack and hugged him. “Let’s go. I don’t want you here. The next time you come here, you won’t be alone.” He wrapped his arms tighter around me.