Chapter 20

**This is my fan-fiction story based on characters from the show Torchwood. I do not own the names of the characters, except a few, and I do not of course own the story of Torchwood. I just used the names and some of the storyline for my fan-fiction story. I hope you enjoy. Please feel free to leave comments.** 

We get to my house. So far, so good. When I got out, Jon walked me to my door and then just stood outside. “Are you going to come in?” He shook his head ‘no.’ I continued to stare at him. “I’m gonna stand here ‘til Bubba gets here. We’re gonna make sure it’s safe before we leave.” Okay. It would’ve been nice to know that head of time. “Okay. Be careful. I don’t know what he’s capable of.” I said. Jon laughed. “Don’t worry.” I walked inside, locked up and set the alarm.

I hope they do okay out there. I really don’t know how dangerous Jeremy is. It worries me because he could have a weapon with him. I walk around the living room thinking of all the things that could go wrong when I hear a commotion outside. Could that be Jeremy? I hope not. I walk to the door and see Jack and Jon getting into it. Oh no.

I knock on the window that’s on my door and both men look over at me. “What the hell is going on?” I yelled. They both look really pissed. Jack doesn’t say anything. Jon on the other hand yells back, “This bloke is trying to get in and I won’t let ‘im. Do you know ‘im? I looked at Jack again. He looks really angry. I wonder if it’s from what I said, because I turned my mobile off or both. “Yes, I know him. My grandfather paid him to babysit me.” I just know that’ll make Jack even angrier at me.

Jon looks back at Jack and scoffs. “Not doing such a good job are ya?” Jon steps aside to let Jack by. Once he gets to the door, I unlock the door and let him in. “Hurry. I didn’t turn the alarm off.” I tried to rush Jack in so the alarm wouldn’t start going off. He walks into the living room and starts pacing back and forth around the table. I lock back up and walk just until I am barely in the living room. I don’t want to get too close. I just know he’s going to start yelling at me any second.

Jack is still pacing. He hasn’t said a word since he walked in. He keeps looking at me, like he wants to yell, but can’t make up his mind if he wants to or not. I don’t know what’s worse, him being angry silent or him yelling. It’s starting to get to me. Ten minutes go by and he still hasn’t said anything. I’m about to say something to break the silence when Jack stops pacing. “What the hell is going on?” He looked right at me. I could see the anger written all over his face. “Well, maybe if you weren’t too busy trying to hook up with ‘Miss Newbie’ and actually talk to me, then you’d know what the hell was going on.” I was thinking about Gwen and how he acted when he came over after she had kissed him.

I had a feeling he likes her, but I don’t know if she feels the same. The look on Jack’s face, I don’t think he quite knows what I’m talking about. “I’m talking about Gwen. Ever since she started hanging around the hub, before she joined, all you’ve been doing is telling me to stay here while you’re there doing whatever. I know your job is to ‘hunt aliens’ but you have been spending way too much time there since she joined.” He just stands there, looking at me.

“I don’t spend time at Torchwood just to be with Gwen, it’s my job.” Yeah, sure. I think he can tell what I’m thinking. “I did tell you to be careful didn’t I?” I scoff. “If you must know. I didn’t tell him anything, not even my last name.” I can’t believe he’s trying to make this my fault. Well, maybe it is. He did give me the creeps when I first met him, but he seemed so nice when I saw him again at the movies.

“You’ve said some hurtful things Charlie.” He still looks angry. “I meant it. You’ve been an ass. You haven’t been here for me when I’ve needed you. I had to get a ride home with Jon because you were ‘Sorry, really busy. Please.” I’m starting to feel annoyed, jealous and angry. Not a good combination. “I have been really busy. Busy protecting everyone. Including you. But No, you don’t like to behave or listen. You do whatever the hell you want and don’t think about the consequences. You are such a spoiled little brat!” He yelled. He looks angrier now than before.

I take a step back. Did he really call me that? I haven’t been called that since I was in school. He starts yelling again, but I don’t listen. All I can think about is how mad he is at me. I can’t take it anymore. I walk up to him, take a deep breath and kiss him. I keep my lips locked on his for at least five seconds. I pull back and exhale. Wow. That wasn’t as bad as I thought. He looks shocked. “Wh- why did you do that?” He stuttered, not sure if that’s good or not.

“I did it so you’d stop yelling at me.” And because I really wanted to kiss you. Hee. Trying not to get all giddy and stuff. “Did you really?” He didn’t sound too convinced. I looked down at the floor, then back up at him. “Yes.” Crap. How can he be convinced if I don’t sound it? He didn’t say anything. I wonder what he’s thinking. Then he says, “You could stay at Torchwood, though I’m not sure how safe you’d be. And you’d be by yourself most of the time.” I scoff. “I’d be safer there than here. He could break in and get me here. At Torchwood, he’d have to find me first.”

Jack looked like he was thinking. “That’s true, but still not sure you should be there.” Seriously? I walk back over to the entry way of the living room. I am facing away from him when he says, “What now?” I don’t move. I think I’ll just stand here and not say anything. Maybe he’ll get tired of me ignoring him. “Are you ignoring me now? After that kiss, you’re going to ignore me?” I can hear him walking. I still refuse to turn and look at him.

“I think you’re better off staying here. You should have someone with you at all times.” He’s standing behind me now. “That’s your job. Remember? This spoiled little brat’s grandfather hired you to babysit me.” I said with slight anger in my voice. Suddenly I could feel his breath on the back of my neck. He’s either standing pretty close to me or he has his face close to the back of my neck. “I don’t need something bad to happen to you, so could you please just stay here? Have a friend or two over.”  I can feel his breath on my right ear now. “Whatever.” I’m about to move when he grabs my arms and whispers in my ear. “Don’t be like that. I really am busy hunting aliens. Some of them are pretty bad. Last thing I need is for you to get yourself into more trouble.” He turns me around, so I’m facing him and he hugs me.