Chapter 6

**UPDATE!!!***

So sorry I haven't updated in awhile. I've been super busy. I have been working on my story, so here is the next part. Hope you enjoy.

**This is my fan-fiction story based on characters from the show Torchwood. I do not own the names of the characters, except a few, and I do not of course own the story of Torchwood. I just used the names and some of the storyline for my fan-fiction story. I hope you enjoy. Please feel free to leave comments.**

I woke up the next morning to something that smells good. Someone is making breakfast and whatever it is, it smells really good. I get up, go to the bathroom to pee, wash my hands and face. Then I head downstairs to see who’s cooking what. I was surprised to see Jack setting the table. “Don’t get used to this.” He chuckled as he waved for me to come in and sit. “I hope you like what we made.” He said as he started bringing out plates of food. “We?” I asked. A few seconds after I asked, Ianto walks into the dining room with more plates. “We made pancakes, scrambled eggs, ham, sausage, and bacon. I also brought over some orange juice since you didn’t have any here.” Said Ianto as he sat next to Jack. “Thank you. It looks and smells delicious.” I said as I started to put the food on my plate.

 Sometime later, we all finish our breakfast. “That was really good. Thank you for breakfast.” I said. That had to be one of the best breakfasts I have ever had. They are both good cooks. I didn’t know that Jack could cook. I know I haven’t known them long, but I am impressed with how fantastic breakfast was. “What did you cook Jack?” I asked. I was curious to know what he made. “I made the bacon and eggs.” He said with a mischievous smile while looking at Ianto. “Well, even if you made just those two, it was still a very good breakfast. Thank you both again.” I said.

 As I start to take the empty plates to the kitchen Ianto stops me and tells me that he’ll take care of it. “No, you cooked, I’ll clean. I don’t mind.” I said as I walked into the kitchen. Ianto and Jack sat at the table while I continued to take the rest of the dishes into the kitchen. As I stand at the sink getting ready to wash dishes, I could hear Jack and Ianto talking. I couldn’t make out too much since I was running water to wash dishes. I finished washing the dishes and I head back out into the dining room. Jack and Ianto are still sitting. Hmmm….. Something’s up, but not sure what it is. They have that look on their face like they are hiding something.

“I’m going to shower and stuff before we leave.” I said as I head towards the hallway and up the stairs. I decided that I would take my time in the shower. I am in no hurry to get to Torchwood and end up doing nothing all day. Of course, I might be able to talk Jack into letting me furniture shop since I don’t have anything to sit on or lay on in my newly purchased home. Still not used to saying that. It’s a different feeling than when I say home as in the home I grew up in. I finally have my own place that I’ll be spending my time in that won’t have my grandfather in a room about twenty feet or so away from me.

I finally get out of the shower, dry off and get dressed. I think I’m going to wear my hair down today. I mostly keep it up in a double ponytail, a single ponytail or in a hair clip, but today I feel would be a good day to wear it down. After spending thirty minutes blow-drying my hair and straightening it, I head downstairs where Jack and Ianto are waiting for me by the door. “You sure did take your time didn’t you?” Asked Jack. He seems a little annoyed. “Yes, I did. I am not in any hurry to get to Torchwood…unless you’re okay with me furniture shopping for my new house.” I said as we walked out of the door. The guys exchanged looks with each other. They almost looked worried and sad at the same time. What the heck is going on?

We get to Torchwood. Jack still seems annoyed with me. He wanted me to go with him and Ianto in the SUV, but I didn’t want to. I wanted to take my car so if I needed to leave, I could and not have to wait for someone to take me. If Jack had his way all of the time, we’d all be in trouble. “There is no need to be such a sourpuss.” I said as we walked into the door. He gave me a look. Uh oh. I must’ve really made him mad…that or something is really bothering him and he still refuses to tell me.

We get inside and I say my hellos to everyone. They mumble their hellos back to me and continue working. Hmm… Something is definitely up. They’re all acting different than usual. Tosh and Owen barely even looked at me. Suzie looked at me, but only for a few seconds. I started to walk around Torchwood just to get away from the awkward silence. Everyone keeps glancing at me. They all have the sad, worried looks on their faces. It’s starting to get to me. I ended up in the area where they keep the weevils. The weevils scared me when I first came down here, but I’m not as afraid of them as before. I know they are mean, but I still like to spend some time down here with them. There’s one in particular that I like. Not sure if it’s male or female, but it’s not as mean and aggressive as the others.

I walk over towards the weevil and talk to it. “Something’s not right.” I started out saying. I better be careful what I say. I know Jack has cameras all over Torchwood. Not sure if whoever is watching can hear me. I started talking to the weevil again. “I think something is wrong and everyone is keeping a secret from me. Not sure why. I wish someone would tell me something. I really do hate being kept in the dark about things. I guess I can be nosey sometimes. Especially when I have nothing to do. What should I do? Should I ask someone about it or just let it go?” The weevil made kind of a groaning noise and it got closer to the glass. It made the sound again and then walked back to the corner. I took it as a sign. I am going to talk to Jack and find out what is going on. I decided I would walk around some more before I confront Jack. I wanted to work out in my head what I was going to say. After walking around for fifteen minutes, I decided to head back. I have what I want to say in my head. I want to know what the heck is going on with everyone today. That’s when I heard voices…. It was Jack and Ianto.