Chapter 32

**This is my fan-fiction story based on characters from the show Torchwood. I do not own the names of the characters, except a few, and I do not of course own the story of Torchwood. I just used the names and some of the storyline for my fan-fiction story. I hope you enjoy. Please feel free to leave comments.** 

When I wake up the next day, it’s already nearly noon. Jack’s not next to me, then I remember that he had to leave last night. I wonder what time he left. I feel the spot where he had been laying. It’s still slightly warm. He must’ve left not too long ago. I miss him already. It was nice sleeping in my own bed again. I get up and do my thing, then head downstairs. I get to the kitchen and make myself something to eat. Once that’s done, I sit at the table and start eating when the doorbell rings. Who could that be?

I get up and head to the door. It’s Amber and Des. I smile as I get closer to the door. I open it. “Hey! I missed you ladies.” Des greets me with a smile, but Amber is frowning at me. “I missed you too.” Des hugs me. Des nudges Amber with her elbow. “Yea, I missed you too. Just wish you would’ve told us. We only found out because Jack told us. I’m not happy with you right now missy.” She stormed past me into the house. “I’m sorry. It was a spur of the moment thing. It won’t happen again.” Amber half smiles. “It better not.” Des starts laughing. It’s nice to have them here.

We walk back into the kitchen so I can finish my food. “So, what all did you do?” I laugh. “Hold on. I have something for both of you.” I run upstairs and get into my duffle. I pull out the gifts I bought for them. I run back downstairs and hand both Amber and Des boxes. “Here you go.” They open up the gifts. They have surprised looks. “Thank you!” They pull out their gifts. I got them snow globes. They have the capital of Oklahoma in them. I thought they would like those. “You’re welcome. I thought you would like them.” Des and Amber got up and hugged me. “We love them.” I nodded. “Good.” We smile at each other.

“We have to work today, but we wanted to come by and see you. You should stop by later, but only if you feel like it.” Amber hugged me. “I might stop by. I just feel like laying in bed all day.” They laughed. “Can’t blame you there.” Des said. I walked them out. We hugged again and I watched as they drove off. I lock up once they leave and head back upstairs. A bath sounds really good right now. I get ready for my bath.

I make the water really hot. I get in and relax. I’m in the bath until my water starts to get cold. I feel better. When I get out, I look at my mobile. I’ve been in there for an hour and a half. Wow. I think getting out and getting a little fresh air sounds good. I get dressed and head out. Thankfully Jack left my car here. I get in and head towards the hub. I haven’t seen the team in a while. Seeing familiar and friendly faces will cheer me up.

I get to the hub and get inside. Everyone is doing their thing. “Hey.” I walked in. They all say hi to me. Tosh and Gwen give me a hug as I walked closer to them. We stand around talking about me going to Oklahoma and how mad Jack was when he found out. “Speaking of Jack, where is he?” They look around at each other. “What?” Gwen gets closer to me and takes my hand in hers. “He’s gone. We don’t know where he is.” What? “I don’t get it. How do you not know where he is?”

Gwen tells me how they were in the hub talking, then he walked away for a few seconds. There was this whooshing sound and the papers that were on the desk were falling off. She went to ask Jack what that was, but couldn’t find him. She called out his name a few times, but he was nowhere to be found. That’s when the others came in. She asked them if they saw Jack. They said no. They couldn’t find him anywhere.

“That’s what we were doing when you came in. We still haven’t been able to find him.” I sigh. “Where could he have gone?” This is unlike him. “Okay. Is there anything I can do?” They looked at each other. “No thanks, but we will let you know when we find him.” I nod. I get it. They don’t want me here. “Okay. See you guys later.” They say their byes and I leave. That’s not like Jack to just disappear like that. I head back home. Once there, I get my laptop out and login to the server. I watch what they’re doing. I use a program to hear what they’re saying. It reads their lips. I want to know if they are possibly hiding something from me.

They still haven’t been able to find Jack. So, instead of spending all of their time looking for him, they take care of the aliens that are causing problems. “That’s good. Don’t want the aliens wreaking havoc on the people.” I sigh. It’s been awhile since Jack disappeared. I hope he’s alright. I use another program that will alert me if and when Jack shows up. I want to make sure he gets back safely.

Another few days go by, then I get an alert. I quickly sit down and look at the monitor. It’s Jack. I listen to the conversation. Aw. They’re getting ready to leave. I sit and wait. I know if I wait long enough, he’ll come back. I turn on the t.v. and wait. Sometime later, the alarm beeps again. I sit up and look through the cameras to see if I can locate Jack….There he is. He’s with a guy. The other guy is wearing a red jacket with white things on the front, blue jeans and brown boots. What the heck is going on?

I watch and wait. Jack and Gwen walk away from the others. Jack is probably talking to Gwen about work related stuff. Then, they stop and are facing each other. “I have died so many times. Been dragged back into life, like being hauled over broken glass. I saw the end of the world. It doesn’t matter now. But after it was all over, I knew I belong here. What kept me fighting was the thought of coming home to you.” Jack touches Gwen’s arm and then slides his hand down her arm to her hand.

While still holding Gwen’s hand, Jack raises her hand up. “What’s this? You’re getting married?” He has this shocked look on his face, even has his mouth open. He then folds his arms across his chest. “Gwen Cooper getting married.” He chuckles. “Down on one knee? And you said yes?” That look on his face again. He looks slightly hurt. Then he smiles and puts his hands on Gwen’s arms. “Good for you.” He leans towards her and kisses her cheek. He stays like that for a few seconds. He pulls away, that look on his face. Geez. He slightly turns and points. “We should get back to work.” Jack walks away from Gwen. The things I heard. I couldn’t hear Gwen’s side since she wasn’t facing a camera, but I could guess the main part by Jack’s expressions and what he says.

I feel heart broken. He was thinking of her the entire time? What about me? It’s like I don’t exist anymore. I am enraged. What the hell? I slam my computer closed and run upstairs. Fine. If he wants to be like that, then I’m going to let him. I change into a cute outfit. I put on a green short sleeve shirt, with a black skirt, a black long sleeve shirt (It’s an over shirt, but doesn’t close in the front.) and black boots that go just above my ankles. I leave my hair down. My hair goes down an inch or two below my shoulder blades. It’s fairly long and I love it sometimes. I grab my card, keys and I head out. I hail a cab and get in. I’m going to have myself some fun.