Chapter 36

**This is my fan-fiction story based on characters from the show Torchwood. I do not own the names of the characters, except a few, and I do not of course own the story of Torchwood. I just used the names and some of the storyline for my fan-fiction story. I hope you enjoy. Please feel free to leave comments.** 

*Hours go by*

It’s just about time to close up. I help get the last of the customers out. Once that’s done, I start to clean up and make sure everything is put back where it belongs. Once everything is clean and done, I get ready to leave work, but before I do, I text Jack. “I’m getting ready to head home. See you there soon? Love you.” Jack responds a few minutes later. “Okay and yes. Love you too.” I smile and say bye to Amber, Des, and Erik as I head out of the door. As I leave, I say bye to Jon as well.

I was leaving the club when a little boy runs up to me. “Please help me! I’m lost and I can’t find my mummy.” He sounds so scared. “Okay sweetie. Do you remember where you saw her last?” He shakes his head no. “Okay. Let’s go find the police, maybe they can help.” We start to walk away when someone hits me on the back of my head.

When I wake up, it’s dark. Oh no. This is just like how my nightmare always began, with me waking up in a dark room or something. Damn. My head is pounding and I touch my head where it hurts the most. I’m pretty sure my head is bleeding some. I shiver a little. Yep. It’s cold just like in my dream. I could be in a cellar or something, just like my dream. I slowly put my hand on the floor. It’s cold and damp. It feels like concrete or something similar. I slowly stand, thinking I would lose my balance like I did in my dream.

I slowly take a step forward, then another, and another. I’m doing well. I hope I don’t run into anyone bad. My footsteps are echoing. I try to walk a little more quietly. I stumble over something, but I’m able to regain my balance and move forward. It feels like I’ve been walking for a long time. I start to wonder if maybe I’m walking in circles, in a long corridor or something, but I remember my dream. There should be a door up ahead somewhere.

BAM! I see a light just like I did in my dream. I walk towards it and I get close enough to see that the door is partly open. I tiptoe closer to it. I can hear voices. Are you freaking kidding me! I can hear Em. What the hell is going on? I listen to what they are saying. “Don’t hurt her Derek. Maybe she really doesn’t know anything.” Derek sighs. “Hey. Just because she never fell in love with you, doesn’t give you the right to harm her, okay?” Someone starts walking. “I know. It just really gets to me that she would chose him, knowing who he is and what kind of person he is. And the fact that she and I both hacked his server makes it even better.”

Derek starts laughing. “Wait until he finds out we have her. His true colors will show and she can see how bad he is and then she won’t want to be with him.” Em scoffs. “Oh please. She will never be with you. Especially now, with how you’ve treated her. You have her locked up! She is going to hate us.” Someone slams their hands on a table. “She will not hate us!! She will understand that I did this for her! I need to know what she knows about him. I’m trying to protect her! She will understand soon.” Derek yells at Em.

I can hear more footsteps…Wait. They are coming from behind me, not in the room. Oh crap. There’s nowhere for me to hide. Then someone grabs me and shoves me up against a wall. It knocks some of the air out of me. I look up and see a man in front of me. He hits me. I yelp out in pain. He hits me again. “Shut it!” I heard him yell. The door behind the man creaks open and I see Derek walk out. “What the hell are you doing?!? You’re not supposed to hurt her, you imp!” I could see the rage on Derek’s face.

“Sorry boss.” The man looks down and then looks at me. “Move! I’ll carry her.” Derek shoves the man out of the way. “Sorry you have to be treated this way. You’ll understand soon honey.” He leans towards me, to kiss me. I move my head away and scoff. “You’re seriously daft if you think I’m going to let a psycho like you kiss me.” He slaps my face. I can taste the blood in my mouth. I spit at Derek.

He punches me in the stomach. “Bitch.” He moves out of the way and the man that called Derek boss, grabs me, picks me up and carries me back to where I was. “I told you to chain her up.” Derek sounds angry still. “Sorry boss.” I heard the man say. I struggle and try to get away. The man holds me down. “Stop it!” I stop struggling. “That’s a good girl.” My memory starts coming back to me.

My memory starts to come back to me. I remember leaving work when a little boy approached me. He was looking for his mummy. “Well, chain her up. Now!” Derek said. “Yes boss.” I hear a chain being dragged across the floor. “Who was that little boy?” I tried to look around, but it’s still dark and I can’t really see anything. The sound of the chain being dragged stopped. It’s silent. I don’t hear anything. “That’s Sam, my son.” What? “You have a son? Since when?” Derek laughed. He’s about seven now. He’s mine and Zoey’s. I met her years ago when I supposedly took that class trip to France.”

He laughed. “Really, I just wanted to find out more about you. I met her, we hooked up and then one day about a year later, she tells me that I have a son. I was shocked. Then I had a revelation. I figured out how to get to you. I set my plan into motion, but you went and fucked it up by hacking into your grandfather’s computer. He somehow found out what I was planning and was using it against me. He had all the information on a file saved to his computer.

When you and I hacked into Torchwood, I tried to hack your grandfather’s computer, but was unable to. It still amazes me that you were able to, but then again, your grandfather could’ve set it up for you. ”Derek paused and then continued. “I think he wanted you to find it. I had to stop him. He was messing up my plan. Then you daft bitch go and fall in love with the one man I hate most.  I would kill him, but that’s impossible…You already know that. Don’t you Charlotte?”

 What is he talking about? I think for a moment. Oh. He’s talking about Jack. “What do you know about Jack?” Derek laughed. He grabs my arm and I stand as he pulls on it. “Follow me.” Derek still has ahold of my arm. We arrive back at the room. We walk in and he pushes me down into a chair. I can see Em standing nearby. She looks away. “What do I know about Jack?” Derek starts walking back and forth in front of me. “Well, for starters he’s a bad man. He ruins everything. He thinks he knows best, but he doesn’t.”

Derek stops and looks at me. Then he continues pacing. “He’s really screwed up my plans.” He stops again and gets close to my face. “I know you’ve been sleeping with him. If you’re with child, you won’t be for long.” He gives me an evil smile and kisses my forehead. “What makes you think I’m pregnant? And you still haven’t told me what you know about Jack.” He scoffs. “Jack. It’s always about Jack. Not for long honey. Don’t you worry about a thing.” He smiles at me again. “I’ve been watching you. I know you haven’t had your period yet. I’m sure you’re going to miss it.”

He’s starting to piss me off. “It’s not that time yet. You’re so daft. Don’t you know how a woman’s body works? Just because I haven’t gotten it yet doesn’t mean I’m pregnant. It’s not time yet. Geez.” He gets in my face again. “I just have that feeling.” I roll my eyes at him. I think Derek’s about to kiss me when his mobile rings. “Oh look, It’s Jack. He’s discovered you’re missing. He’s probably found my note since he’s calling me.” Derek answers his mobile. “Hello Jack. It’s been a long time…Well for you anyways. I’ve been keeping an eye on my girl here. I know all about the two of you.”

Derek listens to Jack and then puts his mobile next to my ear. “Charlie? Are you there?” I can hear the worry in Jack’s voice. “Yes. I’m here.” He sighs. “Are you okay?” I sigh. “Yea, I just have a headache and my lip hurts, but other than that, I’m good.” I can hear his breathing pick up. “Has he hurt you?!?” Jack yells. That’s when Derek takes the mobile away and hangs up. “Hmm. He cares about you. Interesting.”