Chapter 13

**This is my fan-fiction story based on characters from the show Torchwood. I do not own the names of the characters, except a few, and I do not of course own the story of Torchwood. I just used the names and some of the storyline for my fan-fiction story. I hope you enjoy. Please feel free to leave comments.** 

After hugging for five or so minutes, we head back downstairs. “Has anything been taken that you know of?” Owen asked as we got to the front door. I looked around and didn’t notice anything missing or broken. “Not that I can tell. Everything looks the same.” I said. I looked around again. Nothing seems different or out of place. “Alright. Let’s go then.” Jack waved for me to go out first. We walk to my car. The SUV’s parked right next to my car. “We’ll meet back at the hub. There’s something we have to take care of first.” Jack said. I wonder what he has planned. “Okay. See you in a bit.” Owen got into the SUV and the others followed.

“Drive to Heath Park.” Jack sat in the passenger seat and I did as he said. Jack doesn’t look at me the entire ride over to the park. I pull into the main entrance of Heath Park, pay and then park in a designated parking spot. “I don’t understand why you keep putting yourself in danger like that.” He said it with a stern tone to his voice. He’s still mad at me. I can understand that. “I’m not doing it on purpose. It’s not like I wake up and decide what kind of trouble I can get into.” I started to feel a little annoyed. He finally looks at me, with a look of anger on his face.

“You act before you think! You do things and don’t think about the consequences of your actions. Do you honestly believe that any of the shit that has happened to you and your grandfather would ever have happened if you didn’t hack people’s computers?!?” He was practically yelling at me. “Well?” He was angrier at me than I thought he was. “You’re right. I didn’t think that anything bad would happen just for hacking his computer. Some of the programs aren’t even military or UN, just like Torchwood. I didn’t get all of the files or look at all of the files he had. I really didn’t think someone would come after me. How would they have known I hacked his computer anyway?” I had questions and not very many answers.

“You should start thinking more before acting. Maybe he or they had a program on his computer that notified them when you hacked into it.” He sounded a little calmer now. That’s why I grabbed his computer. So Tosh could find these things out…Also, I didn’t want them to get ahold of grandfather’s computer.” He sighed. “Lunch?” He looked over at me again, this time with a “not so angry” expression on his face. “Sure. I haven’t eaten in a while, but can we get something besides pizza?” He chuckled a little. “Yeah. How ‘bout steak and chips?” Yum. “That sounds great.” I said. I started my car and drove away.

We arrive at Cardiff Bay Harvester. It’s one of the places my grandfather likes to go when he doesn’t want to eat at home. They have really good steaks. We get inside and we are greeted by a pretty young woman. She’s a little shorter than me, blond and has beautiful blue eyes. “Hello and welcome to Cardiff Bay Harvester. How many in your party?” She asked in a sweet voice. “Just two, thanks.” Jack said before I could. She grabbed two menus and said, “Right this way, please.” And walked towards an area of seats and tables that were to the left of us when we walked in. “Your waiter will be with you shortly.” And then she walked away.

Our waiter came, took our orders and brought us our food in a timely manner. Jack barely says anything to me the entire time we were waiting. “Are you really that pissed at me?” I asked, breaking the silence between us. He looked at me, didn’t say anything at first. Like he was thinking and then said, “Not as much. I just have a lot on my mind and you’re making things more difficult than I imagined.” I sank into my chair. “I don’t do it on purpose. I’m sorry Jack.” He looked up at me. “I know. Just try to really hard to stay out of trouble. I have other things to worry about.” I didn’t know what else to say. We ate the rest of our lunch in silence.

After we both finish, Jack pays for lunch and we leave. “Do you need more clothes from the house?” He asked as we walk to my car. “No, I’m good.” I unlocked the doors and got in. “Then let’s head back to the hub.” He got in. We rode all the way back to Torchwood in silence. I hate when people are mad at me. It doesn’t happen very often, but when it does, it bugs the snot out of me. I wonder if there’s anything I can do to get him to forgive me.