Chapter 35

**This is my fan-fiction story based on characters from the show Torchwood. I do not own the names of the characters, except a few, and I do not of course own the story of Torchwood. I just used the names and some of the storyline for my fan-fiction story. I hope you enjoy. Please feel free to leave comments.** 

We get inside and head straight for my room. “Do you really think you can find something for me to wear?” Des sounds discouraged. “Yes dear, I do.” I turn to look at her and give her a smile. “Don’t worry.” I smiled again and went into my closet. I start looking through everything one at a time. Finally, I start pulling clothes out and draping them over my arm. By the time I’m done, I have at least eight outfits pulled. I walk over to my bed and lay them out nicely. “Here. Go through these and try them on. Let me know what you think.”

I sat down in a chair not too far from my bed. The good thing about Des, is that we’re the same size. The only difference is she is just an inch or two shorter, but I think that my clothes should still fit her pretty well. I waited as she went into the bathroom to change. She walks out. “I like this, but I don’t think I want to wear it on my date.” I nod. She walks back into the bathroom and tries on another outfit. “Nope.” I could hear her through the door. “Can’t I see?” She laughed. “Nope.” I sigh. This is going to take longer than I thought.

About thirty minutes later, Des finally decides on one of the dresses I pulled out. It’s black with a little bit of sparkle and it goes three inches past the knee. When she walks out of the bathroom, I gape at her. “Oh Des. That looks fabulous on you.” She smiles at me. “Do you think so?” I nod. “Yes. I think it looks better on you than me.” She laughs. “Thank you Charlie.” We smile at each other. “You’re welcome.”

I put the other clothes back into my closet and close the door. “You can keep the dress if you like.” She looked at me with a surprised look. “Really? You don’t mind?” I shake my head. “Nope. I don’t mind. I’ve hardly ever worn it, so it’s yours if you want it.” I smile at her. “Oh thank you!” She walks up to me and hugs me. I chuckle. “You’re welcome. Just don’t tell Amber.” We both laugh. She pulls away and looks at her watch. “Just a few more hours. I can’t wait.” She starts smiling like crazy. It’s good to see her this happy and smiling.

We head downstairs and sit on the couch. She turns the t.v. on and we watch some silly movie that’s on. “So…You and Jack, huh?” I look at her, she’s giving me a weird smile. “Yes.” She’s still giving me that smile. I look back at the t.v. “Well, how long?” I sigh. “Does it matter?” She scooted a little closer to me. “I’m just curious. Has it been almost the whole time or just recently?” I sigh again. “It’s been almost two months.” Her mouth drops open. “That’s it? Seriously?”

I look at her again. “Yes. Why is that a problem?” She shrugs. “It’s not a problem. I just thought you two hooked up long before that.” She chuckles. “What now?” She shakes her head. “Oh nothing.” She has a look on her face, like she’s thinking something and doesn’t want to tell me. “Really, what?” She shrugs again. “Really, it’s nothing.” She shifts around and puts one leg over the other.

“Okay, fine.” We sit in silence for a good fifteen minutes. “Sorry. I didn’t mean to sound so rude.” She put her hand on mine. “It’s okay Des.” I smile at her and she smiles back. We begin making jokes about the movie and how horrible it is when her mobile rang. “Oh. Sorry.” She gets her mobile out of her purse and answers it. “’Ello? Yea, I’m at Charlie’s. Okay, see you in a little bit.” She hangs up. “My date’s ready and is going to pick me up.” She’s smiling from ear to ear. “Is he picking you up here?” She shakes her head yes. “Does he know where I live?” She shakes her head yes again.