Chapter 22

**This is my fan-fiction story based on characters from the show Torchwood. I do not own the names of the characters, except a few, and I do not of course own the story of Torchwood. I just used the names and some of the storyline for my fan-fiction story. I hope you enjoy. Please feel free to leave comments.** 

A few days later, we’re out shopping. There was nothing to do and we got bored sitting around the house. We’ve stopped to eat lunch when Erik calls me. “Hey.” I said. “I’m giving you this weekend and next weekend off. You helped me on your day off and you’ve been through a lot, so you’re getting a break. No arguments either woman.” He sounded a bit annoyed. “Fine, but just so you know, I don’t like it.” He sighed. “Yup. Gotta go. Bye” He hung up. “Who was that?” Amber looked interested in what I was doing. Des looked up at me. “That was Erik. He’s giving me this weekend and next weekend off.” Both of their mouths dropped open. “What?!?” They said in unison.

“I know, right? He’s giving me time off.” I said trying to hold back a laugh. They looked silly. They continued to talk about Erik giving me time off. We get done with lunch and head back out to shop some more. We get to a shoe store and I decided to text Jack. “I want you to teach me how to shoot. DON’T argue with me either. I won’t take NO for an answer.” A few minutes later Jack replies. “Okay.” That’s it? Just Okay? I’m surprised he didn’t try to argue with me even just a little. I look around and find a pair of heels I really like. I look for my size and try them on.

“Oooh. Those are really nice.” Des says as she walks up to me. She looks around. “Look! They have them in another color. You should get both.” I nod and agree. I pick up the box and look around some more. We are in the store nearly an hour and a half when Des tells Amber she’s ready to go to another store. “Fine.” Amber says as she gathers up her boxes of shoes. We check out and head over to Amber’s SUV. She has more room in her trunk, so we came in her vehicle. Once that’s done, we start walking to the shop Des wants to go to.

When we get to the shop, I get that feeling that someone is following me. I turn back and look around. After a minute or two, I see Jack standing not too far from me. Yay. I turn back to Amber and Des. “Hey. I want to check something out. I’ll meet you inside.” Amber nodded her head and went inside. “Are you sure?” Des asked me. “Yea.” Des nodded her head and went into the store. I turned to find Jack again…There he is. I walk over to him

I smile at him, but when I get closer, I noticed he has what looks like a cut on his face. It’s on the left side on his upper lip and goes up. I frown. “What happened?” I lightly touched his lip. “Aw, it’s nothing.” He pulled away a little. “So you want to learn to shoot?” He didn’t look too happy, but he agreed. “I can teach you, but it will have to wait. I have to leave town for a few days. People are getting abducted and we’re going to investigate.” I continue to frown. “Okay.”

He smiles at me. “Don’t worry. You’ll see me in a few days.” He steps closer to me and wraps his arms around me. I inhale. He smells nice. I look up at him and he’s still smiling at me. “What?” I try to move back, but he still has a hold and doesn’t let go. “Nothing. I just want to hug you for a little bit longer. I won’t be able to see you for a few days.” Okay. He’s acting a little weird…Wait. Did he say he wouldn’t be able to see me for a few days?

“What do you mean? You don’t hardly see me that often anymore?” He chuckles. “I see you more than you think. Just because you don’t see me, doesn’t mean I don’t see you.” Okay. So, he does keep an eye on me. He must either follow me around like today or he uses the cameras. Either way, I don’t care. I’m glad he still watches over me. “Okay. Thanks for keeping an eye on me.” We both chuckle. He kisses my forehead, slowly lets go and says, “Sorry. I need to head back.” I sigh. “Alright. See you in a few.” He nods and walks off.

I walk back to the store and go inside. I immediately see Amber and Des. They were standing by the window. Oh. “Did you see that?” I asked, hoping they’d say no. “Yes. Who is that handsome bloke?” Des asked. Amber shook her head. “Uh, he’s kinda my boyfriend/bodyguard.” I said hesitantly. I don’t think they by that. The look on their faces kinda gives it away. “How can he be your boyfriend and bodyguard?” Amber sounded annoyed. “Well, he’s my bodyguard who became my boyfriend.” Des laughed. “Duh Amber.” Des laughed again.

“Can we just shop please?” Amber said as she walked off. “Oooh. She’s really annoyed with us.” Des said. I think she was trying to hold back a laugh. I nod in agreement. We shop for a few more hours. “I’m done.” Amber said. I’m pretty sure we’re all exhausted from all of the shopping we’ve done. We’ve been out shopping since about ten, maybe ten-thirty this morning. It’s nearly seven o’clock now.

“Alright. Let’s grab some pizzas and head back to Charlie’s place.” Des said as she headed for Amber’s SUV. We get in and Des calls and orders some pizzas. Amber takes her time getting to the pizza place. “If you’re wondering. I don’t feel like waiting inside.” Amber still seemed annoyed. “Is it because your daft ex works at the pizza place? He’s so lame. You could do so much better.” Des said. Amber nodded. We get to the pizza place. “I’ll be right back.” Des hopped out of the SUV and went inside.

“You know she’s going to say or do something if he’s there, right?” I put my hand on Amber’s shoulder. “Yes. That’s another reason why I let her go inside.” We both laugh just thinking about the stuff Des would say and/or do to Justin. Justin is Amber’s ex-boyfriend. He stupidly went to the club (where we work) with another woman. We had Jon kick them out before Amber could do any more harm to the woman Justin was with. The other woman wasn’t able to get in any hits. It’s nice knowing that Amber can fend for herself.

Des gets back in sometime later and we drive off. After about ten minutes, we arrive at my house. “Yay! We are going to unload ever thing, have a good dinner and listen to great music.” Des was dancing around. I unlocked the door, turned off the alarm and helped bring in everything. Once done, I lock up and we sit down to eat. Des puts on some music and dances back to the couch where Amber and I are sitting.

We’re laughing and having a good time when my mobile buzzes. “Is thatcha boyfriend?” Des said in a funny voice. “Yes.” I rolled my eyes at her. I open the message and read it. What? I reread it a few more times to make sure that’s really what it says. “Is everything alright?” Des looked concerned. “Yea. I was just rereading it to make sure I was reading it right.” I looked at it again. “Oh ok.” Des said and went back to dancing with Amber. What does that mean exactly? Did he do something or what? The message Jack sent me says, “You don’t have to worry about Jeremy anymore.”