Chapter 10

**This is my fan-fiction story based on characters from the show Torchwood. I do not own the names of the characters, except a few, and I do not of course own the story of Torchwood. I just used the names and some of the storyline for my fan-fiction story. I hope you enjoy. Please feel free to leave comments.** 

I head to my house since my furniture is supposed to arrive today. I will be hooking up the cable and internet in a few more days. I pull into my driveway. I start to get all of my stuff out of my car when my mobile beeps. It’s Jack. I reply to his message letting him know that I am okay and I am at my house waiting for the furniture guys to show up. He doesn’t like that I am by myself, but he and the team are busy and can’t be with me right now. I like how he worries. I know he’s getting paid to protect me and watch me, but it’s comforting knowing someone besides my grandfather, Em and Derek cares about me.

I decide I would wait to unpack my clothes since guys will be in and out of my house with furniture. Don’t want to take any chances. Last thing I need is for someone to steal my laptop. I hide my laptop bag under my duffle bag in the trunk and lock up my car. If someone breaks in, at least I’ll hear the alarm going off. I’m not inside waiting too long when I hear the doorbell ring. It’s the furniture delivery guys. Yay! I let them in and direct them where each piece of furniture goes. I’ll move things around later if I don’t like the way things look. Two hours later, they get all of my furniture in and it looks pretty good. I think I’m going to leave it like it is.

After the delivery guys leave, I go out to my car and get my bags. I go inside and lock up. I unpack my clothes. It’s nice having my own place. I still miss my grandfather. It’s hard being in his house knowing he’s been taken hostage because of me. I can be daft sometimes. I honestly didn’t think it would get me in trouble with someone else. I thought Jack and grandfather would be the ones mad at me, not some dumbass who thinks he can get away with taking my grandfather from me.

As I sit on the edge of my new bed. My mind starts racing. I’m trying to figure out who could be after me and why. Ugh. I have a headache. I guess I shouldn’t think so much. I go downstairs to the kitchen. Oh yea. I don’t have any food since I haven’t gone grocery shopping yet. I text Jack to let him know what I will be doing. He replies telling me to be careful. Of course I will. I need to find my grandfather, so I plan to be extra cautious and careful.

I hide my laptop bag before I head out. I don’t want or need anyone to steal my laptop or the files I copied. I set the alarm and lock up. It doesn’t take me long to get to the store. I don’t want buy too much food since it’s just me. Hmm… Maybe I could see if Jack would come over. I could make us a good dinner. If so, I could finally put to good use those cooking classes grandfather made me take three years ago. I decide to go ahead and get a little more than what I originally planned. Just in case I do have someone over in the next week or so. I check out and head back home. It’s starting to get dark and Jack doesn’t want me out after dark.

I get home and unload everything. Once I am done, I lock up and check out everything. To be sure no one has been in my house or taken anything. Thankfully nothing is missing and as far as I can tell, no one has been here while I was gone. I text Jack to let him know I was home and safe. Everything was locked up and all of the alarms were set. His reply was “Good, keep it that way. I might be stopping by later, but I’ll let you know for sure.” Nice. I get started making my dinner. Getting hungry after all that moving and grocery shopping.

After dinner, I went upstairs to lay in bed for a little bit. I thought I’d read one of the books Em has been trying to get me to read for years now. After about an hour, I finally finish chapter twelve. It’s a good book so far. It’s getting pretty late, so I’m going to call it quits for tonight and go to sleep. I get ready for bed and get nice and comfortable. I was just about to fall asleep when Jack texts me. “I won’t be able to make it tonight. I’ll explain tomorrow when I see you. G’night and be safe.” I replied back telling him good night and I look forward to seeing him tomorrow. I put my phone down on the bedside table, turned out the light and fell asleep quickly.