Chapter 27

**This is my fan-fiction story based on characters from the show Torchwood. I do not own the names of the characters, except a few, and I do not of course own the story of Torchwood. I just used the names and some of the storyline for my fan-fiction story. I hope you enjoy. Please feel free to leave comments.** 

Once we get inside, Amber orders pizza. “It’ll be here soon. I’m gonna get changed.” She headed upstairs. That sounds good. I head upstairs, into my room and close the door. I change into my jammies. Just a tank top and shorts. Once dressed, I head downstairs and into the kitchen. I grab a drink. “Want one?” I knew Amber and Des were coming up behind me. “Sure.” “Yes. Thanks.” Des has always been the politer one. I can always tell them apart when I’m not looking at them.

Sometime later, the doorbell rings. “It’s pizza!” Des yells as she runs for the door. That woman can be a doofus sometimes. She pays and gets the pizza. We all sit on the couch, eat pizza and watch t.v. “Ah that was good stuff.” Des patted her stomach. I chuckle while Amber rolls her eyes. “Oh, don’t be such a butt.” Des laughs. We sit back, relax and watch a movie.

I wake up two hours later. I look around and see that Amber and Des are asleep too. The movie we were watching is over and another one has come one. “Hey. Wake up.” I nudge Des then Amber. They both groan a little. I nudge them again and they wake up. “We fell asleep. We should go to bed.” I started to get up. Des and Amber got up too. I turned off the t.v. and we all headed upstairs and to into bed.

I wake up. It’s so dark I can’t see anything. My head is pounding. I touch my head where it hurts the most. I think I feel blood. Not entirely sure. I shiver and realize that it’s cold. I don’t think I’m outside since it’s too dark. I think I’m in a cellar or something. I put my hand on the floor to stand up, but quickly remove my hand. The floor’s cold and damp. I stand, but start to lose my balance. Finally, I get upright and take a step. I take another step, then another. Finally, I’m walking. I can hear my footsteps echo. I stumble over something, but I’m able to regain my balance and move forward.

It feels like I’ve been walking for a long time. I wonder if maybe I’m walking in circles, in a long corridor or something. Then, up ahead I see a light. I walk towards it and I get close enough to see that there’s a door that’s partly open. That’s where the light is coming from. I get a little closer when someone grabs me and shoves me up against a wall. It knocks some of the air out of me. Then the person hits me. I yelp out in pain. They hit me again. “Shut it!” I heard him yell.

I could feel his breath on my face. He’s just inches away from my face. He punches me in the stomach and I lean forward into him. He lifts me up over his shoulder and he walks away from the door. He sets me down and I can hear footsteps approaching us. “I told you to chain her up.” I know that voice. I’m not sure where, but it sounds very familiar. “Sorry boss.” I heard the other guy say. I struggle and try to get away. The guy that hit me holds me down. “Stop it!” I stop struggling. “That’s a good girl.”

My memory starts to come back to me. I remember leaving work when a man approached me. He had something in his hand and he hit me with it. I think this is the same man. “Well, chain her up. Now!” The other guy said. “Yes boss.” I hear a chain being dragged across the floor. “I know your voice.” I said. The sound of the chain being dragged stopped. It’s silent. I don’t hear anything. Then I feel someone grab my neck. They’re starting to choke me. I scream and sit upright.

I had that dream again, but it was a little different. I look around and see Amber and Des running into my room. “Are you alright?” Des looks scared and worried. “Yes. I just had a bad dream. I’m fine.” They looked at me like they didn’t believe me. “Really. I’m fine now.” They just stand there. “Okay. If you need us, we’re down stairs.” Des was still in the room. After a few minutes, Amber left. I guess they were making breakfast when they heard me scream. “Okay. Thanks.” Des nods and leaves, closing the door behind her.