Chapter 7

**This is my fan-fiction story based on characters from the show Torchwood. I do not own the names of the characters, except a few, and I do not of course own the story of Torchwood. I just used the names and some of the storyline for my fan-fiction story. I hope you enjoy. Please feel free to leave comments.** 

“Have you told her?” I heard Ianto say. Tell me what, I wonder? I really don’t like when people keep secrets from me. “No. I’m not sure I want to. I know she’ll be upset.” Jack said. Seriously? I stormed out of the room I was in and walked right up to Jack. “What aren’t you telling me?” I demanded. I’m sure they could tell I was angry. While putting his hand on my shoulder, he says, “You’re grandfather never came home last night. I called to find out if everything was alright and he didn’t answer. No one has been able to get ahold of him. We don’t know if he’s been in any kind of accident, he’s not in any of the hospitals…If he is, then he must not have any I.D and tagged as a John Doe. I have the team handling everything right now. We will find him.”

I feel light-headed. Did he say grandfather is missing? How? Why? Could this have anything to do with what I did? Did they do this because they couldn’t get to me directly? They went after my grandfather instead to get to me. Jack grabbed my shoulders and held onto me. He kept asking me if I was alright. No, of course I’m not alright!! Some low-life criminal kidnapped my grandfather… and for what? Because he or they think I saw something I shouldn’t have? I didn’t even look through all of the files I saved. I just looked at the ones that looked more interesting. “This is all my fault.” I said after ten minutes of silence. “This isn’t your fault.” Ianto said as he put his hand on mine.

“You don’t understand. This really is my fault.” I said. I was trying really hard to fight back the tears, but couldn’t. I burst into tears and Jack stepped closer to me, embracing me in his arms. He kept telling me it would all be okay, that they are going to find him. “Alive?” I asked between sobs. “Yes.” He said reassuringly. I stopped crying, pulled my head away from Jack’s chest and looked up at him. “Can you really guarantee that you’ll find him alive?” I asked while still looking up at him. He didn’t respond right away and that made me upset again. I started to feel weird and then everything went black.

I woke up to Jack looking down at me. “Hey. How are you feeling?” he asked me. “I still feel a little light- headed.” I tried to sit up, but Jack put his hand on my shoulder and told me to relax. I realized then that I was laying on the couch and my head was resting on Jack’s legs. I also noticed it was really quiet. “Why is it so quiet?” I asked. “I told you. I have everyone working on finding your grandfather. After you passed out, I sent Tosh, Owen and Suzie out to follow some leads and Ianto went to get some food.” Said Jack. I started to feel better after a few minutes of laying down. I decided I was going to tell Jack everything.

“Jack. There’s something I need to tell you…And I’m pretty sure you’re going to be pissed at me.” I said. He looked down at me and nodded his head. I slowly sat up and turned toward him so that I was looking right at him. “Please understand that I did not mean to harm anyone. If you decide that you do not want to help me anymore, I’ll totally understand.” I said to him. “I will always help you, even if I am mad. Your grandfather is a dear friend and I will do whatever to find him and bring him home.” Jack said.  I nodded and started to tell him everything.

“It all began about a year ago. I hadn’t worked in a few days since I only work on the weekends. I was bored and didn’t have anything to do. I hacked my grandfather’s computer with mine and saved all of his files to my computer. That’s how I found out about Torchwood. I told Em and Derek about it. He didn’t believe that aliens exist until I showed him the Torchwood files. Since Derek always travels with his laptop, we decided we would hack into Torchwood’s servers. To find out more and to learn about all of the aliens Torchwood has caught. It was fun and exciting. Since hacking into my grandfather’s computer and Torchwood’s servers, I’ve had some guys try to kidnap me. I always thought it was because we knew about Torchwood, but when I met you, you didn’t know it was me. I thought maybe it had something to do with one or more of the files my grandfather had, but I’m still not too sure about it. I guess since whoever has been after me couldn’t get to me, they went after grandfather instead.” I said. I sighed. I was sure he would be pissed at me.

Jack didn’t say anything for a good five minutes. Then he put his hand on mine and said, “I am angry with you for hacking into Torchwood’s servers, but since your grandfather is in danger, I will help find him and bring him home…. Also, if you are good enough to hack my servers, would you like a job working here?” Wait, what? I’m glad he’s not mad at me, but does he really think I would work for him? A little tempting… “I’ll have to think about it. Not too sure if I want to work for you or not.” I said. He chuckled and said, “The pay is great. Way better than what you get paid at the club.”

Ianto walked in and had two boxes of pizza in his hand. My stomach rumbled and I realized that I was hungry. It had been awhile since I had breakfast. Ianto handed me a box and said, “This one is yours. I thought you’d be hungry by now.” “You’re right. Thank you.” I said. Jack said he was going to fill in Ianto on the situation and that he wanted my laptop. Jack and Ianto walked off to talk. My laptop. It’s back at home. I was startled by my phone when it rang. It was Em calling. “Hey Em. What’s up?” I asked. “Where have you been?!? I have been texting you all day.” She yelled. I looked at my phone. I had ten missed text messages and five missed calls. Oops. “Sorry. I don’t get good service when I’m…When I’m with Jack.” I said apologetically.

“Oh. I forgot you had to be with the hottie.” She said. Really? She forgot. That’s not like her. She always remembers a guy she thinks is hot. “Well, I wanted to come see you, but if you’re too busy, then…We can another day.” She said. She sounded a little sad. “Hold on.” I looked over at Jack and asked him if it’d be alright if I could spend time with Em. He agreed, but wanted to tag along just to be on the safe side. “Alright Em. Meet me at grandfather’s house and we can go shopping.” I said. She squealed with excitement and said, “Alright. I’ll be there soon.” And hung up.

Jack followed me in the SUV. I was still feeling upset over the fact that some daft bloke thought he could get away with taking my grandfather hostage. I pulled into the driveway and saw Em standing up against her car. She must’ve already been here or close by when she called me. Since I was just going to pick up Em, Jack didn’t follow me into the driveway. I pulled up next to her and she got in. “Hey. I’ve missed you.” She said. “I’ve missed you too.” I said back to her as I drove back out of the driveway and headed towards my house. “I have some news for you.” I said to her after a few minutes of silence. “What’s up?” she asked. “A few days ago grandfather bought me a house for my birthday.” She looked over at me in total surprise. “What?!? Where? I have got to see it.” She said. “That’s where we’re headed hun.” I said.