Chapter 28

**This is my fan-fiction story based on characters from the show Torchwood. I do not own the names of the characters, except a few, and I do not of course own the story of Torchwood. I just used the names and some of the storyline for my fan-fiction story. I hope you enjoy. Please feel free to leave comments.** 

I watch Jack as he walks away. Once he’s out of sight, I text Amber. “Hey, where are you?” I start to walk back in the direction that I came from. Amber texts me back and tells me what store they’re in. I respond, saying that I’d be there soon. I get there and they are in the back trying on clothes. “I’m here.” I said as I walked towards the dressing rooms. “Oh good. You can help me.” Des walks out. “What do you think?” She’s wearing a grey button up shirt, blue-jean skirt, black leggings and black ankle boots. “Looks good.” I nod. I do like the skirt. “I like the skirt.” Des starts to twirl in a circle. “I don’t really like the skirt.”

She frowns. “I do.” She looks at me and smiles. “Then you should get one.” I could. “I don’t know what shirt I would wear with it.” She smiles at me again. “I have something.” She walks past me and disappears. A few minutes later, she reappears. She has the skirt draped over one arm and holding a pair of brown boots. The other hand, she has a maroon colored shirt draped over her arm and what looks like a pair of grey leggings.

“Here. Try these on.” She hands me the clothes. “Go on. I want to see.” She shoves me into the dressing room. “Fine, fine. I’m going.” I walk in, close the door and lock it. I change into the outfit she picked out. I unlock the door and step out. “Ooh. I love everything except the shirt and boots. Be right back.” Des walks off again. A few minutes later, she shows up with another outfit. “Here.” I roll my eyes and take the clothes from her. I put on the light blue tank top, then a teal colored shirt (it has medium length sleeves), I keep the skirt on and add the brown belt Des gave me, I change from grey to black leggings and put on ankle high beige-ish/brown colored boots.

I step out once I’ve changed. Des squeals. “OMG! I love it!! You have to get that outfit. I found the perfect brown jacket to go with that outfit.” She’s more excited about it than I am. “Ok. I’ll get it.” She squeals again. I get back into the dressing room and change back into my clothes. I pick up the clothes that I just had on and walk out. Des and Amber are waiting for me. Des has the brown jacket she wants me to get that goes great with the outfit she picked out. “Ready?” Amber has a hand full of clothes and so does Des. “Yea. I’m ready if you ladies are.” They both nodded.

We headed for the counter. Amber spent nearly one hundred pounds on clothes, Des spent just about spent the same amount. I spent just under seventy pounds for my outfit, including the boots. “Thanks Des. I’m really glad you found this outfit. I really do like it.” She smiles at me. “Good and you’re welcome. You should wear it tonight.” I smile at her. “That’s a great idea.” We decided to get some lunch, then head back to my place since it’s getting close to work time.

Once done with lunch, we head back home. We get there and unload everything we bought. I got on my computer. I was going to e-mail Em since I haven’t heard from her in a while. Before I could send Em an e-mail, I had one myself from someone. I don’t recognize the e-mail address. I pull up the Torchwood server and look it up. It’s from a Zoey Wetherell. I do a little more searching and it turns out, she’s a cousin of mine from my dad’s side. WOW.

I open up the e-mail and read it. “Hello. You probably don’t know or remember me, but I am your cousin. Our fathers are brothers. I haven’t seen you since you were about five. I am writing you this e-mail just to see how you are doing. If you like, you can reply. I’d love to hear from you. –Zoey.” Wow. I don’t know what to say or think. I didn’t think I had any family back in the states. I haven’t heard from them since a few days after my parents’ funeral. Why reach out to me now?