Chapter 9

**This is my fan-fiction story based on characters from the show Torchwood. I do not own the names of the characters, except a few, and I do not of course own the story of Torchwood. I just used the names and some of the storyline for my fan-fiction story. I hope you enjoy. Please feel free to leave comments.** 

I woke up the next morning feeling a little groggy. At least Jack wasn’t lying about the bed being comfortable. I headed through the door into Jack’s office. There I was greeted by Jack and Ianto. “Good morning. Did you sleep okay?” Ianto asked. “Yes. Thanks.” I said. I walked down the stairs and was greeted by Suzie, Owen and Tosh. I said my hellos to them and headed for the bathroom. After going, I washed my hands and then my face. I still wasn’t feeling so great. I remember Jack telling me about my grandfather. It hurts to think about it. I need to go home and get my laptop. I head back to Jack’s office so I could talk with him.

“Jack?” I knocked on the door. “Yeah?” he stood up and walked over to me. “I want to go home so I can shower, and get a few things including my laptop. Do you think I could do that by myself?” I asked with a pleading look. “Sure. I’ll drop you off and you can do what you need to. I have a few things to take care of anyways.” He came up to me, wrapped his arms around me and whispered in my ear, “Everything will be alright. We’ll find him and we’ll definitely catch the person/people who’s doing all of this.” He kissed my forehead and motioned for me to follow.

We get to my grandfather’s house. Just before I get out, Jack grabs my hand. “Text or call me if you need me for anything.” I nodded and he let go of my hand as I got out of the SUV. I headed over to my car, opened the door and got in the glove box where Em left my key. I closed up the glove box, got out of my car, closed the door and headed towards the house.  I waved to Jack as he drives away. I unlock the door, walk in, close the door, and lock it back. I head to the kitchen so I can get something to eat.

After I get done eating breakfast, I head upstairs to grandfather’s room. I go in and lay on his bed. Still smells like him. The tears start streaming down my face. Before long, I am full-blown crying. I haven’t cried this much since my grandmother passed away. I don’t really remember if I cried like this when my parents passed away. I was so young. I wake up sometime around one and realized I was asleep for a few hours. I get up and head to my room. I took a long shower and got dressed. I went ahead and packed my duffle bag full of clothes and other things I would need. Once that was done, I grabbed my laptop bag, charger, and laptop and pack it all up. Then I headed down stairs.

I put my things by the front door. Before I leave, I decided I would have some lunch. It has been a few hours since I had breakfast and food sounded good. I made myself a sandwich and some juice. Once I am done, I tidy up and head out the door. I toss my duffle bag into the backseat and place my laptop bag in the floor of the front passenger side. I drive off…Not sure where I want to go to first.

I finally decided. If I am going to trust Jack with everything, I must know more about him. So, I am going to head to the archives to do some research. I get to the archives building. I feel a bit nervous. I hope they will let me in. I park, grab my laptop bag, and my wallet. Once I get out of my car, I start to feel even more nervous. “Relax. Just relax. Maybe they will let you in.” I kept telling myself as I got closer to the entrance.

Once I get inside, I am greeted by a nicely dressed older woman. She must be the receptionist here. “Hello dear. How can I help you?” she asks as I walk up to the desk. “Yes. I am here for a research project. I was wondering if I could get in to get my project done.” I said without sounding nervous. Go me. “I just need to see your I.D. dear.” I pull out my wallet, get my driver’s license out and hand it to her. She takes my I.D. from me, walks over to a machine and makes a copy of it. “Here you go dear.” She says as she hands me back my I.D. “Just go through those doors there. Go all the way down the hall and go through the doors on your left.” She pointed to the double doors on my right. “Thank you.” I said as I walked through the doors.

I get to my destination and walk through the doors and am taken aback by how many shelves they have. All full of boxes and boxes. I hope I don’t have a hard time finding what I am looking for. I start looking and it takes me about ten minutes to find what I am looking for. There are quite a lot of boxes just for Torchwood. I look through all of them. There’s a profile for Jack that dates back to 1869. He’s been with Torchwood a very long time. That’s impossible. How can it really be him? Could it be his ancestors?

I take all the files I found on Jack and his current team. I go over to the copy machine and I start to make copies of everything. Once I am done, I put all the files back and put the boxes back. I put all of the copies I made into my laptop bag and leave. As I pass the receptionist I said, “Thank you for helping me. I found what I needed and was able to get my project done.” She waved at me and said, “You’re welcome dear. Drive safely.” I leave and head to my car.