Chapter 26

**This is my fan-fiction story based on characters from the show Torchwood. I do not own the names of the characters, except a few, and I do not of course own the story of Torchwood. I just used the names and some of the storyline for my fan-fiction story. I hope you enjoy. Please feel free to leave comments.** 

He gives me a half smile and gets just inches away from my face. Our noses are touching and I lightly turn my head back and forth, rubbing noses together. Grandmother used to call this movement ‘Eskimo kisses.’ I never really got why she called them that. We kiss. He still has my arms pinned above my head. We move around a little so we can be more comfortable. Our kissing is so passionate and deep. I feel like all of the air in the room has been sucked out.

A moan escapes my lips. I can feel his smile as he moves his lips from my lips to my chin, then down to my neck. Our breathing has picked up. I grab the bottom of his shirt and pull it up over his head. WOW. He has a nice body. He removes my shirt. He smiles at me. “I like that bra. It’s sexy.” I laugh. “Thanks. It’s a new one.” He’s still smiling. We start kissing again. It starts being all teeth and wet and hot. We’re breathing heavily. We’re really starting to get things going, when… Jack’s mobile rings. “I. Have. To. Answer. That.” He said in between kisses.

“No. You. Don’t.” I said. His mobile stops ringing. I smile and we return to kissing. Then, his mobile rings again. We stop and he pulls away a little, enough to get his mobile out and answer it. “What? Alright, I’ll be there.” He hung up, looks at me and frowns. “I have to go.” We both sighed. “Okay.” He could tell I was upset. “We’ll continue when I get back.” He got up and put his shirt back on. I started to do the same. “No. Leave your shirt off until I leave.” He grabbed my shirt from my hands. I rolled my eyes at him. “Ah. What did I say about rolling your eyes?”

I laugh. “You’re leaving, so there’s nothing you can do about it.” He smiled at me. “Oh yea?” Uh-oh. What’s he going to do? “He pushed me back onto the couch again and bit my neck. Not too hard or anything. I yelped a little. I was not expecting that. I could feel him smile. “Ha ha. Very funny.” I tried to push him off of me, but he wouldn’t budge. I wrapped my legs around him, pull his shirt up some and lightly run my fingernails up and down his back. I could feel him shiver a little. I smile. He stops biting me and starts kissing me again.

I think ten or fifteen minutes go by when his mobile rings again. “I. Really. Need. To. Go.” He was still kissing me here and there, trying to leave. “Well. Then. Go.” I was kissing him back here and there. He still didn’t move. “I. Don’t. Want. To.” He pulled back just a little bit and sighed. I had to catch my breath before I could say, “I don’t want you to go either, but I know you have to.” He nodded. “If I didn’t we would be in your room.” He smiled. “Don’t tease me now when you’re about to leave. It’s not nice.”  We both laughed.

He gets up and gets ready…again. He still won’t let me put my shirt back on. He hugs and kisses me. “I’ll see you later.” And he leaves. I start to feel a bit sad. I didn’t want him to leave, but I know he has to. “To save mankind.” I’ll just lay in bed thinking about the great time I just had. He said if he didn’t have to go, we’d be in my room. Oh my. Maybe I should go to work. I know I’ll miss him even more if I sit around the house thinking about him and what we could be doing.

I get go upstairs and get ready. I head out and off to work. I get to the club. “Hey Jon.” I waved at him. “Are ya supposed to be here?” He raised an eyebrow at me. “Yes. Erik said it was fine, as long as I don’t actually work.” I laugh. “Okay. Have fun.” I walked past him and into the club. Music is playing and everyone is working and setting things up. “Hey!” Des yells. She’s behind the counter on the other side of the club. I wave at her and walk towards her.

Amber must be in the back since I don’t see her. Erik waves at me as I walk past him. I smile and wave back. I get to Des and she hugs me. “I’m glad you came.” She’s smiling at me. “Me too.” A young woman I’ve never seen before walks up to us. “Hey Destiny, where do these go?” She looks nervous. Des points to the door that leads to the back. “In there.” I smile at the young woman. She smiles back. “Thanks.” And she walks away.

“Who’s that?” I stare at her as she disappears behind the door. “That’s the new girl. She’s taking over for you until you come back…Unless Erik likes her, then she’ll be staying.” Des starts putting beer bottles into the fridge that’s behind the counter. “Oh. Whose idea was that?” I started to hand the bottles to Des. “Not sure. Erik will get mad if he sees you working.” She chuckles. “I’m not working. I’m just standing here, talking to you.” She rolls her eyes at me.

“Is she at least doing a good job? Hopefully not better than me.” Des scoffs. “She’s good, but not that good.” We laugh. “What’s so funny?” It’s Amber. “Oh, we’re just talking about Lori.” Des said as she put the last bottle up. “Oh. Her.” Amber looks annoyed. “Don’t like her?” I asked. Amber scoffs. “I take that as a ‘no’.” We all laugh. “Quit being mean to the new girl and get back to work!” Erik was standing just a few feet away from us.

“I’ll let you get back to work.” I walked away. I decided to introduce myself to the new girl. I don’t see her, she must be in back. I walk through the doors and head to Erik’s office. She’s there, unloading some office supplies that Erik will need. “Hi. I’m Charlie.” I waved at her. She looked up at me and waved back. “I’m Lori.” Still smiling at her, “How’s it going?” She didn’t look too happy when I asked. “Okay, I guess.” I know that look. “Has Amber and Des been giving you a hard time?” She looked at me with a surprised look.

“Yep. Don’t take it personally. They did the same thing to me too.” I laughed thinking back on my first day working here. “Oh? How was your first day?” She stopped unloading the supplies. I laughed again. “Oh man. It was awful. I was so nervous, I didn’t know where anything was or went. It was a disaster. They made jokes about me and gave me a really hard time for months before they started giving me respect.” She looks scared now. “Oh. Don’t worry. Erik expects the newbies to mess up their first few days. He won’t give you a hard time about it. He’s nice like that.” She relaxes a little.

“I’m nervous about my first actual day tomorrow.” She walks up to me. “Have any advice?” I smile. “Yes. Take your time. Even when Amber and Des yell, just stay calm and do things at your own pace…Cause if you rush, you’ll make more mistakes. If you take your time, but not too long, then it’ll get easier quicker.” She sighed. “Thank you.” She smiled at me. “You’re welcome. If you need anything, just let me know, okay?” I held my hand out. “I will. Thanks again.” She took my hand and shakes it. When we let go of each other’s hand, I turn and walk away.

I head back out front and hang out with Des and Amber as they work. As I sit and listen to the music or listen to Amber and Des talking, I kept an eye on Lori. She seemed to be doing better now than when I first got here. I wonder whose idea it was to have someone temporarily working in my place. Of course it wouldn’t surprise me any if Jack had anything to do with this. Jack. I wonder how he’s doing. I haven’t heard much from him since he went out of town.

*A few hours later* Everyone’s done getting the club ready for tomorrow night. Erik likes to make sure things are done and ready the day before he opens, just to be on the safe side. “Are you coming back tomorrow?” I turn to see Lori standing behind me. “Yes.” She smiles. “Good. I’ll see you tomorrow then. It was nice meeting you by the way.” I smile back at her. “It was nice meeting you too and see you later.” I watch her walk to her truck. Amber and Des come up to me. “You’ve always been the nicer one.” Amber said as she started digging for her keys.

We all laugh. “That’s so true.” Des said. We walk to our vehicles together. “See you at home?” I asked. They both nod. “Yes.” I nod and get into my car. It was nice being around people I know. Keeps my mind off of my missing grandfather and Jack. I drive off….. We get to the house about the same time. “It’s a tie! Who’s going to make dinner?” Des yells. “I was thinking pizza.” Amber says as she gets out of her SUV. “Oh! That sounds great.” I said as I unlocked the door.