Chapter 21

**This is my fan-fiction story based on characters from the show Torchwood. I do not own the names of the characters, except a few, and I do not of course own the story of Torchwood. I just used the names and some of the storyline for my fan-fiction story. I hope you enjoy. Please feel free to leave comments.** 

He’s still hugging me when my mobile rings. He doesn’t quite let go when he takes my phone to see whose calling. I recognize the number. “It’s him.” Jack looks angry again. “Are you sure?” I grabbed Jack’s coat. “Of course I’m sure! He’s texted me so many times in the last few hours, I’m pretty sure I’d recognize his number by now.” Jack kept staring at my mobile and then answered it. “What?” He looked at my mobile. I guess to see if Jeremy had hung up or not and then put the mobile back to his ear.

“I know you’re there. You need to leave Charlie alone or else?” I could feel him get tense. Then I hear Jack. I can’t hear what Jeremy’s saying, so all I get is a one-sided conversation. “I am. I have to leave her because I work. Money has nothing to do with it. I have plenty. What do you want? Well, you can’t have her. She’s not yours to have. I doubt it. Leave her alone or else. You’ll find out if you don’t leave her alone and it won’t be very pleasant, well, for you anyway.” Jack hangs up and hands me back my mobile.

“What did he say?” I looked at Jack. I could tell he was still angry. He kisses my head. “Don’t worry. I’ll take care of it.” He hugged me again. “I have something to do. I will call you later.” Ugh! I hate that. He’s all loving and caring and then leaves me. “I really hate when you do that.” He looks at me and gives me a half smile. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.” He knows. Jack is getting ready to head out when my mobile buzzes. “Is it him?” Jack looks back at me. I look down and say, “Yep. It’s a text.” I open my messages and it reads, “For being her boyfriend, you don’t kiss her enough. If I was her boyfriend, I’d kiss her all of the time.” I laughed.

“What? What did he say?” Jack sounded annoyed. “Here.” I hand him my mobile. Hahahaha. The look on Jack’s face. He looked surprised and then annoyed again. It’s quite possible he got a little jealous there. He hands me back my mobile, walks up to me and kisses my cheek. My mobile buzzes again. I open my message and it says, “Oh come on. That’s so lame. I could do WAY better than that and she’d really enjoy it.” I showed Jack. He looks really angry now. “Who the hell is this guy? Is he spying on you?” He looks around. I look at the front door and see Jeremy standing by the door. “Jack.” He looks at me.

“He is spying on us. Look.” I point at the door. Jack turns and sees Jeremy standing by the door. Jack turns back to me, puts one of his hands on my neck and leans towards me. I lean towards him and we kiss. His lips felt nice. We were kissing for nearly a minute when Jack pulled back. I open my eyes and exhale slowly. He’s staring at me. I clear my throat. I open my mouth to say something, but nothing comes out. He smiles at me. Oh that smile.

He turns to look back. Jeremy was really pissed. He had that look on his face. He did not like Jack kissing me. I walked past Jack to get to the door. “That’s right. I enjoyed it.” I smiled really big and nodded my head. Jeremy was so pissed that he got in his red sports car and sped off. I laugh and turn back to Jack. He’s half smiling at me again.

“I really do have to go.” He said after two minutes. He walked up to me, wrapped his arms around me, and kissed my forehead. “I’ll talk to you soon.” Then he left. I put my finger tip to my lip and lightly run my finger tip over my lips. I can still feel his lips on mine. It was really nice. Took my breath away. My dream of him is going to be more intense tonight…I just know it.

After standing by the door for so long, I walk over to the couch and sit. Still thinking about our kiss. My mobile buzzes and it makes me jump. It’s a text from Des. “Hey. Erik called me. He wants me and Amber to stay with you. You alright with this?” I hit reply. “Yes. It’s fine. I’ll tell you about it when you get here if you haven’t already heard.” After I push send, I stand, put my mobile in my pocket and head upstairs. A nap sounds good right about now.

Once upstairs, I plug up my mobile so it can charge. I lay in bed and fall asleep quickly. I wake up two hours later to my mobile ringing. I reach over and get it. It’s Jack. “Yea?” I said sleepily. “Did I wake you?” He sounded concerned. “No. I woke up a few minutes before you called. Still a little out of it. What’s up?” He didn’t answer right away, then said, “I heard from local police. Derek and Em are fine. Someone stole their phones.” It took me a minute to process what he said. “So, they’re okay? Why didn’t they call me or anything?” After I asked that, I regretted it. “They said they couldn’t remember the important numbers.” Said Jack. “Yea. Em has a hard time remembering what day it is and Derek just doesn’t like to keep up with that stuff.” Those two are buttheads.

“Thanks for letting me know.” I sat up. I thought I heard something. “You’re welcome.” He said. I headed downstairs to see where the noise was coming from. “Are you here or send someone?” Feeling a little worried, I quickly went into the kitchen and grabbed a knife. “No, but I do know that Amber and Destiny are supposed to be staying with you.” What? “So that was your doing? Did you call Erik first and have him do it or did you pretend to be him?” I chuckled a little.

“I went up there and talked to him. He called them and to have them stay with you. Make sure it’s them before you open the door.” Did he really just say that? “I have a kitchen knife in case it isn’t. Thanks.” I headed for the door. When I got there, I saw Des and Amber fussing at each other. “It’s them. I’ve gotta go. Talk to you later Jack.” He mumbled and said, “Alright, bye.” I hung up and opened the door for them. “It’s about time!” Amber yelled. “Leave her be. I told you she was probably busy.” Des smiled at me. “I was taking a nap.” I said as I moved over to let them in.

They had a bunch of stuff with them. “How long are you wonderful ladies staying?” They were going up and down the stairs with all of their stuff. “As long as we have to.” Amber huffed. “Do you need help?” I held out my hand. “No thanks, we got just about all of it.” They literally packed half of a bedroom and half of a bathroom with them. Wow. I don’t think I have this much stuff myself. I couldn’t help but laugh. “Are you laughing at us?” Des looked down at me from the stairs.

“Yea, sorry. It’s just that you brought so much with you.” I tried not to laugh again. “Well, we have to keep up appearances.” Amber said with a little hostility. I put my hand up in a defense motion and said, “Sorry.” Des started laughing, then Amber. I walked back into the kitchen to put away the knife I had. I turned to walk back into the living room where Amber and Des were. “We’re going to have fun.” Des and Amber said in unison.