Chapter 23

**This is my fan-fiction story based on characters from the show Torchwood. I do not own the names of the characters, except a few, and I do not of course own the story of Torchwood. I just used the names and some of the storyline for my fan-fiction story. I hope you enjoy. Please feel free to leave comments.** 

I respond, “What did you do?” I sit and wait for Jack to reply. Five minutes later he responded with, “Don’t worry. I just thought you’d like to know that you don’t have to worry about him anymore. I’ll talk to you later. Goodnight Charlie.” What in the world did he do? Maybe he found Jeremy and locked him up in Torchwood or maybe he killed him or had someone kill him. Well, I’m not too sure I am happy about it. I am happy that Jeremy won’t be bothering me again, but I hope Jack didn’t do something too horrible.

I decide to put it out of my head. I want to have some fun while I can. I get up and dance around with Des. It’s about midnight, we’ve quieted down and decide to just watch a little bit of t.v. before going to bed. We were watching some silly movie when Des yawned and mumbled something. I half laugh even though I didn’t catch what she said. I stare at the t.v. and finally doze off into dreamland.

I wake up. My head is pounding. I touch my head where it hurts the most. I feel something. Blood maybe? I realize that I feel cold. Why is it so cold? I slowly move to a sitting position. It’s really dark. I put my hand on the floor and quickly remove my hand. The floor’s cold and feels damp. Where am I? I stand, but start to lose my balance. I finally get upright and take a step. I take another step, then another. Finally, I’m walking. My footsteps echo. I stumble over something, but I’m able to regain my balance and move forward. It feels like I’ve been walking for a long time. Then, up ahead I see a light. I walk towards it. I get close enough to see that there’s a door that’s partly open. That’s where the light is coming from. I get a little closer when someone grabs me and shoves me up against a wall. It knocks some of the air out of me. Then the person hits me. I yelp out in pain. They hit me again. “Shut it!” I heard him yell. I could feel his breath on my face. He’s just inches away from my face. He punches me in the stomach and I lean forward into him. He lifts me up over his shoulder and he walks away from the door. He sets me down and I can hear footsteps approaching us. “I told you to chain her up.” I know that voice. I’m not sure where, but it sounds very familiar. “Sorry boss.” I heard the other guy say. I struggle and try to get away. The guy that hit me holds me down and starts to choke me.

“Charlie! Charlie, wake up honey!!” I could hear Des’s voice. “Damn it! Do something Des!” That’s Amber’s voice. Where am I? I roll off of something and onto the floor. “Ouch.” I look around to see that I’m in my living room. Amber and Des are looking at me with worry on their faces. “Why are you looking at me like that?” I feel a little confused and my head hurts really bad. “We didn’t know what else to do, so we called the number in your mobile. A Jack Harkness?” Des said. She still looked really worried. “Why? What happened?” I tried to sit up, but Des and Amber both held me down. “Relax honey. He’ll be here soon.” Amber said.

“Why won’t you tell me what’s going on?” I don’t know why they look so worried. “We’ll explain once Jack gets here.” Des said still holding my shoulders. Not even five minutes later Jack walks in. “Are you alright? How do you feel? Do you remember anything?” He sounded more worried than Amber and Des. What the heck is going on? “I feel a little confused and my head hurts pretty bad. Why? What’s going on?” I tried to sit again, but even Jack wouldn’t let me. “Charlotte.” Uh oh. That can’t be good. He never calls me that unless something’s wrong.

“Charlotte. You had a nightmare. Do you remember it?” I looked at him and thought about it. “You’re here because I had a nightmare?” I scoffed and looked over at Des. “Honey. It was pretty bad. You were screaming and fighting us as we tried to wake you. You were saying things like ‘No, please don’t kill me.’ We were really worried. We tried everything to wake you, but nothing worked. So I had Amber go through your mobile to find the texts from Mr. Hotstuff. We called him and told him what was going on.” Des leaned down and hugged me.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to scare you.” I said hugging her back. Jack leans over and picks me up. He looked over at Des. “Thank you for calling. I’m going to take care of her. You ladies try to get some rest. If you need anything, just let me know.” He looked at Amber and then back at Des. They nodded and walked up the stairs before he did. “Good night Charlie.” They both said as they walked past us. “Night.” I looked at Jack. “Thanks for carrying me. I don’t think I would’ve been able to make it up the stairs.” He smiled. It wasn’t his usual smile, but it made me feel a little better.

He got me upstairs, in my room and laid me down on my bed. “Do you want to talk about it?” He sounded as worried as he looked. “Why are you so worried?” I sat in the middle of my bed. He didn’t answer right away, so I patted to a spot on the bed next to me. “Well?” He sat down. “When Amber called me, I could hear you in the background. I didn’t know what was going on until Amber told me you were having a nightmare. It sounded pretty bad. I was really scared and worried.” He sighed and put his hand on mine.

“I’m sorry. I really didn’t mean to scare anyone. I remember bits and pieces of my nightmare.” I looked at him. He looked different. Most likely because he was worried to death about me. I hate seeing him like this. “I recognized a voice I heard in my dream, but I’m not sure why?” I finally said after a few minutes of silence. “Oh? What was he saying?” He scooted closer to me. “Can I talk about it later? My head really hurts. Like someone hit me on the head or something.” He inspected my head. “Nope. Don’t see anything.” He half smiled again. “That’s good. In my dream, I thought I felt blood.” His smile faded.

“Get some rest. I’ll be right here if you need me.” He leaned over and kissed my forehead. He got up and sat in a chair that was about five feet away from my bed. “Could you lay next to me? I’d feel a lot safer.” He gave me a look. “Please?” I patted the space next to me. He got up and laid in the spot next to me. He stretched out his arm and I laid my head down on it. He placed his other hand on my hip. “Don’t get any ideas.” He smiled and chuckled a little. “Oh ha ha. Shouldn’t I be the one telling you that?” We both laugh. It takes me two hours to fall asleep. By then it’s nearly five in the morning. I feel safer with Jack around. I’m glad Amber was able to find his number and call him. I don’t know if I would’ve been able to fall asleep if he wasn’t here. I don’t have any more nightmares or dreams.