Chapter 38

**This is my fan-fiction story based on characters from the show Torchwood. I do not own the names of the characters, except a few, and I do not of course own the story of Torchwood. I just used the names and some of the storyline for my fan-fiction story. I hope you enjoy. Please feel free to leave comments.** 

Time goes by slow when stuck in a room by yourself. It’s been about twenty minutes since Derek came in and took grandfather back to wherever he was. I’m glad that he’s okay. I hear a commotion on outside the door and wonder what’s going on. I get up and walk over to the door and put my ear on it. It’s cold. No surprise there since it’s a metal door. I can hear a few voices, mainly Derek’s. He sounds very pissed off. There’s more yelling and then it stops.

The door starts to unlock, so I back away. I see it open and Derek storms in and grabs me by my hair and drags me out of the room. “Ow. You’re hurting me.” He snarls at me. “Shut up!” There’s a door open. It looks like the door Em took me through. We go through it and walk down the hallway and into one of the rooms on the right. When we get in, to my horror, I see Jack tied up to a chair. “Jack!” He doesn’t look hurt, but I’m still worried about him. He looks up at me. “Charlie! Are you alright?” I try to nod, but can’t because Derek still has a good handful of my hair. “Yea.” Jack gives me a half smile. I look behind him to see Em standing in the corner. She’s crying.

I look a little closer at her. It looks like someone’s used her face as a punching bag. “What happened to you Em?” Concern in my voice. Derek laughed. “I did that.” I tried to turn and look at him. W-why would you do that? To your own sister.” He pulled my hair again. “She betrayed me. Just like you did and she paid the price. You will too. Now tell him.” I shake my head a little. “I don’t know what you’re talking about. Tell him what?” He growled.

“I know what the two of you did in the bathroom. I have listening devices planted in there. I heard everything. So tell him or else!” I thought for a moment. What is he-Oh. I know what he’s talking about now. Derek’s talking about the test me made me pee on. The one Em faked for me so he wouldn’t know. “Oh. You beat Em up for that? How messed up are you?” He pulled my hair and then pulled out a gun.

“If you don’t tell him, I will shoot him.” I started to laugh. “You know he can’t die. That would be pointless.” I could feel Derek’s lip touch my ear. “Fine. If you don’t tell him, I’ll shoot Emera. If you still don’t tell him, I’ll shoot your grandfather.” Just then two men walked in. They were holding onto my grandfather’s arms. “Charlie! Are you alright?” I nodded a little. “Yea. You?” He shakes his head yes. He looks over and sees Jack and Em. “Oh Em. I’m sorry.” She nodded and shifted her weight from one leg to the other.

“Now tell him!” He pulled my hair again and jabbed the gun into my neck. I cough a little. It hurt when he jabbed me in the neck. “Alright!” I looked at Jack. He has a confused look on his face. I sigh. “J-Jack.” I take a deep breath. “Ever since I found out, this isn’t really how I imagined telling you this.” I take another deep breath. “Okay. I’m, I’m pr-pre-. This is harder than I thought.” Derek snarls at me again. “Tell him already!” Derek points the gun at my grandfather.