Chapter 30

This chapter is kinda short compared to the others.

**This is my fan-fiction story based on characters from the show Torchwood. I do not own the names of the characters, except a few, and I do not of course own the story of Torchwood. I just used the names and some of the storyline for my fan-fiction story. I hope you enjoy. Please feel free to leave comments.** 

It’s been almost three weeks since I’ve been here. Occasionally, I check up on Jack by using the Torchwood server. I watch him through the video surveillance cameras. It’s nice seeing him. The team has been pretty busy too. Jack didn’t tell me all the things that has gone on. He’s only told me about a third of what’s happened. I also still haven’t heard from Em or Derek. I keep sending her e-mails, about two a day. I’m hoping she’ll respond soon.

I’ve spent most of my time here with Zoey. I spend time with the others too, but mostly Zoey. I guess she and I have always gotten along so well. Our dads called us ‘two peas in a pod.’ It’s nice knowing that I’m getting along with family. Zoey and I have done a lot in these past weeks. She’s showed me around Norman, Moore, and Oklahoma City. There’s so many stores, tattoo shops, body piercing shops, fast food places, malls, outlet malls, etc. It’s nice. While we’ve been out, I haven’t really bought clothes. I have plenty of that back home.

We’ve even seen a few movies. Some of them we’ve seen more than once. “I’m really glad you e-mailed me.” Zoey smiled and said, “Me too.” Coming here was a good idea. Being here has taken my mind off of things back home. There’s been too much going on and I really needed this. I still miss Jack, Amber, Des, Em, and Derek…Even though Em and Derek haven’t spoken to me in quite some time. Ah. There’s so much to do here. I talked Zoey into taking me to a tattoo parlor. I decided that I want to get a tattoo.

The look on Jack’s face when he finds out. Not too sure how he’d react. We go to one called Atomic Lotus. It’s a body piercing/tattoo shop in one. When looking at the building from the street, the body piercing is on the left and the tattoo is on the right. The body piercing is called 23rd Street Body Piercing. The staff is nice in both shops. I sit with Zoey while she gets her lip pierced. I don’t know about the lip. When Zoey’s done I tell the woman that I want to get my tongue pierced.

Zoey smiles. “You go girl.” We both laugh. It doesn’t hurt as bad as I thought it would. We head over to the tattoo part. She gets a tattoo of a dolphin on her left calf. I get four different flowers with two skulls on my right foot. That one hurt, but still not as bad as I thought. We get back to my hotel and relax. We lay down on the bed and relax. She turns on the t.v. for sound.

My mobile buzzes. It makes us both jump and we laugh about it. It’s Jack. I open my messages. “When are you coming back? I miss you.” Aw. He misses me. “I miss you too. Not sure yet, but I’ll let you know.” Zoey sits up and looks at me. “What?” She shrugs her shoulders. “It’s a guy isn’t it?” I shrug. “What do you mean?” She laughs. “The way you smile and blush. It’s because of a guy, right?” I smile and nod. “I knew it. I’m the same way. He’s super hot too.” We laugh.

“Mine is too.” I sat up and went through the pictures I have on my mobile. “Ah. Here it is.” I show her a picture of Jack that I took while he wasn’t looking. “Oh my. He is super good looking.” We laugh again. “That he is.” She pulls out her mobile, she calls it a cell, but whatever. She shows me a picture of a good looking guy. I chuckle. “Cute right?” I nod. “He kinda looks like one of my friend’s brother.” The more l stared at the picture, the more he looked like Derek. “What’s his name?” She put her phone away. “Derek.” What?

I looked at her with a concerned, confused look on my face. “He has a sister named Emera. She’s nice too.” I still have the same look on my face. “What?” She started to look concerned. “Does Emera go by Em? Do you have a pic of her?” Zoey still had a confused look on her face. “Yes and yes.” She pulls out her phone and shows me a picture of Em. I seriously think they are the same Em and Derek that I know. But why would they be here? “How long have you been dating Derek?” She shrugged again. “Maybe a month or two.” That’s about how long I haven’t talked to my Em and Derek.

I still don’t get why they would come here. Something’s not right. I seriously have a bad feeling about this. “Did I upset you?” Zoey looks worried. “No. Sorry. I’ve been under stress lately, which is another reason why I came out here to meet you.” She nods. “I get it.” She stands up and says, “Well, I hate to cut our time short, but I need to get back home.” I nodded and stood up. “It’s alright. We still have time to hang out before I leave.” She smiled. She got to the door, opened it and just before leaving, she turned and said, “I’m sorry to hear about your granddad. I’m sure he’s okay.” And then she left.