Chapter 37

**This is my fan-fiction story based on characters from the show Torchwood. I do not own the names of the characters, except a few, and I do not of course own the story of Torchwood. I just used the names and some of the storyline for my fan-fiction story. I hope you enjoy. Please feel free to leave comments.** 

Derek walks out of the room and Em follows. I’m left alone. I get up and the man from before walks in. “I need to ask Derek something.” The man points to the chair, so I sit. “Boss, she wants to ask you something.” Derek walks back into the room. “What?” He looks annoyed. “Is my grandfather still alive?” Derek shakes his head yes. Oh thank god. “Is he alright? Can I see him?” Derek moves a little closer. “Yes, he’s alright. No, you can’t see him. Last think I need is for the two of you to try to escape.” Derek turns and walks back out of the room.

“Thank you for not killing him.” I sit back in the chair. Thankful that my grandfather’s still alive. Em walks back into the room a few minutes later. She gives me a half smile, but I look away. How could she do this to me? I considered them family. I’m still having a hard time believing all of this. “I’m sorry Charlie. I truly did try to stop him, but once he sets his mind on something, it’s hard to change it.” She walks towards me. I put my hands up and shake my head. “Don’t. I’m so furious and upset, it’s ridiculous. I have never felt so betrayed in my life. How could you? How could he? Why take my grandfather?”

Em starts shaking her and then she starts crying. “He’s not hurt. I’ve made sure Derek hasn’t done anything to him. I’ve made sure he’s eating healthy and still get his exercise. I told you. I couldn’t stop him! I tried, I really did try.” By this point, she’s sobbing. Then Derek comes back into the room. “Em, leave now.” She shakes her head no. “Leave now!” She jumps a little and then walks out of the room. “You didn’t have to yell at her.” He laughed. “Oh now you want to be nice to her.”

I scoff. “You’re a condescending hypocrite. You say that if I’m with child by Jack, you’re gonna do something to get rid of it, but yet you have a son with my cousin. What the hell man? Seriously?” He frowns at me. “I didn’t plan it. It just happened. She’s pretty, nice and she was into me. It was nice having someone like me that way.” I roll my eyes. “I love Jack and if I am pregnant with his baby, I will do whatever it takes to protect myself and our baby.” He laughs. “I doubt it.” I smile. “What?” I chuckle. “What?!?” Derek is getting annoyed with me. I bust out laughing. He growls. “If I am with child and Jack knows, do you honestly believe he’ll let you live if you harm me or our baby?”

I laugh again. “I hope he kills you.” Derek growls again and then storms out of the room. Jack, please save me and my grandfather. Soon after Derek left, the man walks in with and sets up a cot like bed. “Here. Boss wants you to get some sleep.” He has blankets and two pillows that he hands me. “Need anything else?” I look around. “Yes, bottled water please.” The man nods and leaves the room. A few minutes later he comes back and has four bottles of water. “Here ya go.” I get one of the bottles. “Thank you.” He nods again, turns and heads for the door. Before he leaves, he turns a knob that’s on the wall by the door. The lights dim down some. It’s not as bright as it was. He leaves and closes the door part way.

I lie down on the cot and cover up. It’s more comfortable than it looks. I soon fall asleep thinking about Jack. I wake up some time later. I’m really thirsty, so I grab another bottle and drink it. Bad idea, I have to go to the bathroom now. I get up and just then Em walks in. “I’m here to take you to the bathroom.” It’s like they read my mind. “Okay.” I follow her out of the room, down the walkway and through another door. We enter a hallway. There are doors on either side of us that. It goes on as far as the hallway goes. We must be in an old hotel or something by the way it looks. We walk down the hallway and turn left. Em stops and points to the door.

“Here you go.” Before I get in through the door, she clears her throat. “Sorry, but I have to watch you pee on this.” She holds out a wrapped…pregnancy test? “Really? Does he really think that?” She shakes her head. Oh my. He really has lost it. “Fine!” I grab the test and storm into the bathroom. I go into one of the stalls and unwrap the test. I can see Em’s shoes under the door. I pee on the stick. I feel a little ridiculous doing this. Once I’m done, I open the door, hand Em the test and wash my hands. “We have to wait at least three minutes.” I nod. It doesn’t take but a minute to turn positive.

WTF?!? Is it really positive? “That can’t be right. No freaking way!” I start to panic. She shushes me. “Be quiet. I have an idea.” She pulls two more out of her pocket. She goes into a stall. A minute or two later, she comes out and washes her hands. “Here. This shouldn’t be positive.” She hands me the one I peed on. “You need to hide this or flush it.” I take the stick from her, break it in two and flush one half down one toilet and the other down a different one. “Thanks.” She smiles at me. “Sure.”

We leave the bathroom and start walking down the hallway when Derek comes out of one of the rooms. “Here. I’m pretty sure she’s not pregnant.” Em handed Derek the stick. He looks at it and smiles.  “See. I told you.” I stare at him with all the hate I could put into an expression. “Okay. So you were right. My apologies.” He smiles again and walks away. I sigh. We started walking down the hallway again. She leads me back to the room I was in.

Derek comes in and behind him is my grandfather. I run to him and hug him. “Oh papa. I’ve missed you so freaking much!” He holds on to me tightly. “I’ve missed you too child. Oh how I’ve missed you. You look so grown since the last time I saw you.” I smile and chuckle a little. We continue to hug. Derek and Em leave. I get to spend time with my grandfather. Yay! This could be much better if we were being held captive.

We’re in the room for at least three hours. I tell grandfather about everything, except a few things. It’s nice being with him again. He still looks healthy. “Em has been taking good care of me.” I smile. “That’s good. I was really worried about you.” He hugs me again and holds on to me. “I’ve missed this.” I hope they don’t take him from me again. “Me too.” My grandfather sighs. About ten minutes later Derek walks in. “Alright. Time’s up you two.” I groan. “Do you have to take him away from me again?” Derek frowns at me. “I told you, I don’t need you two trying to escape.” I mutter under my breath. Grandfather gives me a look. He hugs me one more time. “Be good child. I’ll see you again.” He walks out of the room and that is the last time I see him…for now.