Chapter 15

**This is my fan-fiction story based on characters from the show Torchwood. I do not own the names of the characters, except a few, and I do not of course own the story of Torchwood. I just used the names and some of the storyline for my fan-fiction story. I hope you enjoy. Please feel free to leave comments.** 

We arrive at my house and Jack insists on checking out everything to make sure no one is inside or outside hiding somewhere. After checking everywhere three times, he finally agrees to let me inside. I get why he’s acting extra protective, but come on now. If someone had broken in, my alarm would’ve gone off, unless they cut the power. Thankfully that didn’t happen. “If you need me, I’m a phone call away.” Jack walked over to me and hugged me. I’m glad he hugged me before he left. Even though I’m still freaked out by the fact that he’s still alive after getting shot in the head, it’s nice and comforting being in his arms. “I’ll text you later. Behave please.” Then he walked out the door and left.

I take a really long shower. So long that the water starts to turn cold. I hate cold showers. I get out, dried off and dressed, the head downstairs to get something to eat. Going to do some laundry while I eat. I need to get the rest of my clothes from grandfather’s house or buy new ones. Oh! That sounds like a good idea. I know Jack doesn’t like for me to go back to grandfather’s house, so I’ll just go buy new clothes. Maybe I can find something nice that Jack will like. I get my mobile and call Em. Maybe she’d like to go shopping with me. She’s always had an eye for good fashion. It just keeps ringing until I get her voicemail. Hmm…She must be busy. I’ll call her in a little bit. I finish my brunch and head back upstairs to read the files I have on Jack.

There’s nothing to important about him in these files. It just talks about his association with a man called The Doctor. They consider The Doctor an enemy of the crown. Whatever. I give up and hide the files. I feel like doing something fun. I hook up my iPod to the docking station. It has speakers so I can listen to my music. Once I pick out the song I want to listen to, I turn it up loud. The music starts. “Baby, baby, baby You are my voodoo child, my voodoo child You're like voodoo, baby You just take hold Put your cards on the table, baby Do I twist, do I fold? You're like voodoo, honey All silver and gold Why don't you tell me my future? Why don't I sell you my soul? So here it comes The sound of drums Here come the drums Here come the drums Baby, baby, baby You are my voodoo child, my voodoo child Don't say maybe, maybe It's Supernatural, I'm coming undone” I love this song. I’m dancing around my bedroom having fun.

The song’s almost done when my mobile starts to ring. I look to see who it is and it’s a blocked number. “Yeah right. I’m not going to answer.” I said out loud. The song ends and I pause my music. I thought I heard the doorbell. Who could be here? Jack would let me know if it was him. I text Jack to let him know that someone called, but the number was blocked and that I think someone’s here. I go downstairs and into the kitchen quickly. I grab a knife and head to the door. I get there to see a guy dressed as a post man. I cautiously open the door. “Can I help you?” I have a tight grip on the knife. “Yes. I have a package for Charlotte Straily. Are you Charlotte?” The man held a medium sized brown box. “Yes. That’s me.” I said. I still haven’t let my guard down. “I just need you to sign.” The man handed me a clipboard and pen. I signed it. “Thanks. Here’s your package.” And then he turned and walked off. I’m not too sure about this. I’m going to wait ‘til Jack gets here and let him open it.

Jack texts me, “I’m unable to come over right now. Don’t do anything with that package yet. I’ll check it out when I get over there. Just stay home and stay safe.” I text back. “I can’t stay home. It’s Friday. I have to work tonight and tomorrow night. Could I just drop the package off at the hub?” He didn’t respond right away. I left the package by the door and went back upstairs. I called Em again to see if she wanted to go shopping before I had to work. It went to voicemail again, so I called Derek. It went to voicemail. Something is up, but I don’t have it in me to worry about it right now. Jack texts me back, “I’ll send Owen over to pick up the package.” And that was the last I heard from Jack.

I get ready to head out. I want to get some shopping done before work. As I head out the door, with the package in hand, I text Owen. “Hey, I’m going to be leaving soon. I’ll leave the package here for you or you can meet me somewhere and get it.” He called me and said, “I’m down the street. Don’t leave yet.” And hung up. Sheesh. I walk over to my car and wait. Owen pulled into the driveway five minutes later. He doesn’t even get out of the SUV, he just rolls the window down. “Here.” I handed him the package. “Is everything alright? It seems like everyone is trying to avoid me.” He looked down at his lap and then looked up at me. “No. Just some dangerous stuff. Jack wants you to stay safe.” I have a feeling that he’s lying to me, but I don’t press the matter. I waved to Owen and got into my car. He’s already out of my driveway by the time I buckle up.

I visit a few shops and found several outfits I like. “I need to head home soon.” I said to myself. “What’s the hurry?” I heard someone say. I turned around to see a man standing behind me. “I have to get dinner ready for my boyfriend before he gets home.” I didn’t trust him and I wasn’t about to tell him I was going to be heading to work in a few hours. “A boyfriend, eh? He’s a lucky man.” He winked at me and then walked off. Okay. That was weird. I hurry to my car so I can leave. Quickly.

I get home and get my new clothes out. I take the tags off of everything and put them in the wash. Grandmother always said, “When you buy new clothes, wash them. They are not as clean as they look. Someone else has tried the garment on too and then put it back. It’s safer to wash before wearing them for the first time.” Yep. After she told me that, I have always washed my new clothes before wearing them. I listen to music while I get ready for work, but I don’t have it up as loud as I did earlier.

I’m all ready for work and head out the door. It doesn’t take long for me to get to work since I don’t live that far. I hope tonight isn’t boring like all of the other nights I work. When I get there, I am greeted by Destiny and Amber. “Hey there pretty lady.” Amber says as she walks up to me and hugs me. “Hey.” Destiny walks over to me and Amber and says, “Hey.” I said hey back and we walk inside. The night starts out slow and then finally it picks up. Destiny is in charge of the music now. She plays the good stuff. We all start dancing around, having fun. Then we see people start going outside. We follow to see what’s going on outside.

“What’s going on?” Amber asked a woman who was standing near us. “There’s a plane on fire or something.” She sounded surprised. “What? A plane on fire?” Destiny said in disbelief. More people were talking about it. Some even said they took pictures as it went by. I got my mobile out and sent a text to Jack. “Hey. What’s going on? People are saying they saw a plane on fire.” I listened to some of the stories people were telling. My mobile vibrated and it was Jack responding to my message. “It’s alien. Stay inside where it’s safe.” Yeah. Sorry, but I don’t think it’s safer inside than outside. I still did what he asked and I went back inside.

It’s two in the morning…Time to head home. I had a fairly interesting night. Had fun dancing around to good music and then finding out that there was an alien ship or whatever on fire. Really glad it wasn’t a plane after all. “Good night Amber. Good night Destiny. See you later.” I waved and headed for the exit. “Bye!” They both yelled at me as I left. I get home and text Jack letting him know that I was at home, but he never responded. He must be really busy. Oh well. I get ready for bed. I put my iPod on the docking station and fall asleep listening to music.