Rude Interview

"Hello everyone! Today we are back with BTS! The worldwide famous 7 member boy group!" the interviewer exclaimed, looking at the camera.

"Um, excuse me, but BTS is an 8 member group with one female," Mae said politely, smiling awkwardly.

"Yeah, yeah, sure whatever," the interviewer mumbled, barely audible. Mae just sat back in her seat, a little upset but didn't want to show it so she just delt with it.

"Now, boys, tell me how it feels to be known worldwide and have millions of fans coming up to you?"

"It's definitely something to get used to, we all left our homes at such a young age to start this journey, especially Mae because when she debuted she was 12, but it's been something that we would never change. We're all so proud of all we've accomplished and hope that all of our fans know how much we love them," Namjoon said.

The interview went on and most of the time, the host didn't ask Mae anything or even acknowledge her presence. Jungkook noticed how it was hurting the younger a bit and tried to say something but Mae just gave him a small smile and sat there in silence.

"All right, so we're going to take a short commercial break and we will be back with a performance by the one and only BTS boy-group!"

The camera cut off and the interviewer stood up and smiled at the boys, walking to shake each of their hands. Once he was done with Jimin, Namjoon, Jin, Hoseok, Yoongi, Taehyung, and Jungkook, he just left to go backstage not even saying anything to Mae.

Taehyung walked over to where Mae was and crouched down in front of her so she was eye level with him, "hey Mae, you okay?"

Mae just nodded before getting up out of her seat, saying "good luck on your performance," and leaving... just when the host returned with a huge smile on his face.

"And we're returning to air in 3...2...1, hello! and we are back! We just interviewed the seven member boy-group, BTS, and now they're going to show us a performance of Idol!"

The boys just stood there, frozen and angry at what this man was saying. Namjoon finally spoke up, "Sir, I don't think we're able to perform without one of our members."

"Oh, the girl is actually in your group? I thought she was just there to make your group seem 'diverse'."

"With all due respect, we're an eight member group and Mae is important to us. I don't think we're going to be able to finish without Mae," Jimin said, sternly.

"I don't see why you can't just perform without her. She's not important and I believe that you all would be even more famous if she wasn't there."

"I think we're just going to stop here, thank you for having us," Yoongi said, leaving after he spoke to find Mae. He walked to their dressing room where Mae was lying on the couch with Lea rubbing her back soothingly, Yoongi's heart broke at seeing how sad the younger was.

"Hey Mimi," he said walking over. Mae lifted her face from the cushions, her eyes were red and puffy and her cheeks had tears stains, he sat down and hugged her, "the things the interviewer said weren't true Mae. We need you in this group more than you can ever imagine, never forget that."

The others returned to the room after talking with PD-nim and watched as the older male comforted the younger female, they smiled and after a short silence, Jin finally spoke up, "Mae, you're the heart and soul of who we are. We wouldn't have gotten as far as we have without you."

The rest of the day, after returning to the dorm, they watched movies and had snacks. Totally forgetting the rude interview.

I just want you all to know how much i appreciate all the support you've given me on this book! i've had so much fun writing it and i hope you all have enjoyed what i've shared. On another note, who's hyped for the new BTS album? i know i am... and i'm a little too excited, i can't wait to see what they've decided to do for the Persona concept and i'm so proud of how far they've come. I will no doubt ably be hyping it up as much as i can. love you all and hope you are doing great! <333