Again?

Mae and her mother, again, had planned a whole trip together because they rarely had time to spend time together because of jobs. Since Mae was so excited to finally be hanging out with her since the last time. The thought kept coming to Mae's mind but she pushed it away, convincing herself that it wouldn't happen again. Right?

Mae sat at the curb waiting for her mother's arrival. She kept checking and rechecking the time for when she was coming and was progessively anxious.

While Mae sat on top of her suit case, the other seven inside were getting as anxious as she was.

"I swear if she stands her up one last time, I think we should cut contact with Lynn," Yoongi said as he nervously tapped his foot.

"I know Yoongi and I agree with you but this is Mae's mother, it'd hurt Mae to even do that," Jin reasoned.

"We'll see, I just think Lynn should stop planning these things if she's always going to drop out," Jimin said.

Taehyung turned around to check on Mae only to realized that Mae was gone but her bag was still there. He stood up abruptly and rushed out the door and ran to the bag. When he got there, he found a note from Mae.

"Guys, Mae's gone!" he yelled as he ran out the door, Jungkook and Yoongi following close. He looked around in hopes of spotting the girl but it was as if she completely disappeared, she was nowhere to be seen.

~Mae~

She was sitting on her suitcase that held all of her things for their trip to Japan. She was gripping her phone, knuckles turning white. A sudden ding caught her attention and she checked her phone only to see a message from her mother.

I'm going to have to hold this trip, I'm sorry sweetie it's just that things got hectic at work and I need to be there. Love you

- Mother <3

Mae stared at that message, hate boiling inside of her. Needing to get her anger out, she walked away from her things to find a place that will help her gather her thoughts, the only thing she had with her was her backpack with her ukulele and notebook. She walked along the streets, no one would notice her because she made sure she was covered up. Walking quickly, she weaved throughout the people, it was getting late and she didn't have any idea on where she was going. She just needed to clear her mind, she was tired of this always happening. Mae got her hopes up for nothing and she knew this would happen because it was inevitable and it was facts. As the sun was setting, she found a bridge over Han River. She made her way to the side that was large enough for her to sit on, and sat down, opened up her backpack and took out her ukulele and notebook.

Writing and creating music always cleared her mind, so that's what she was going to do. She started randomly strumming and eventually came up with a familiar melody. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath before she began singing her favorite song on the ukulele: Can't Help Falling in Love by Elvis Presley

the song (pretend it's a female singing)

~BTS~

It was getting close to sunset and the seven had no idea what to do. As they were walking, they began to hear a familiar voice singing. They looked at each other before rushing in the direction that the singing voice was coming from.

Eventually, they came across Han River and found a crowd of people surrounding something. Namjoon, being the tallest, was able to see who it was and sure enough, it was Mae. She was seated on the edge of the side that overlooked the river. She was playing her ukulele and singing 'Can't Help Falling in Love'. After she played a few other covers, such as 'when the party's over' (originally by Billie Eilish), 'Ghost of You' by 5 Seconds of Summer, 'all the good girls go to hell' by Billie Eilish, Jungkook's 'Euphoria', and 'BURN IT DOWN' by Linkin Park, she bowed and thanked the people who listened to her. They offered her some money for the show but she just bowed and let them keep it, she was just glad they enjoyed it.

Once the crowd was gone, the seven made their way over to Mae and sat down next to her as she looked over the horizon.

"I shouldn't have accepted her invitation, I knew this would happen," Mae said, her eyes glossing over.

"It's not your fault for wanting to spend time with you mom," Namjoon said.

"It's my fault for accepting it though, I knew this would happen and yet I still agreed to it. Just shows how much she cares about me," Mae responded.

"She cares about you Mae," Yoongi said.

"Doesn't seem like it," Mae says, looking down at her phone, contacts open, "I'm done, I'm not allowing her to contact me until she realizes what she's doing is wrong."

Mae clicked on the contact named 'Mother <3' and scrolled down to the button titled 'block this contact' and tapped it. She slipped the phone back into her pocket before returning her attention back to the view.

"This is real family," Mae said, looking at the seven sitting with her, "they stick together and are always there for each other."

"Awe, come here," Jimin says, his arms wide open. Mae lightly smiles and makes her way into his embrace and soon, the others join in. The group stood for a few minutes in a tight hug before the sound of Jin's stomach rumbling broke them up and into a huge fit of laugher.

"Way to ruin the moment!" Jungkook teases.

"Sorry!" Jin replies while laughing.

"Let's go get some food!" Hoseok yells with a smile, linking his arm with Mae's.

"I'm cool with that!" Taehyung says, latching himself onto Mae's free arm.

Mae just smiles at the two as they make their way to a restaurant. The rest of the night was filled with laugher, jokes, and talking.