Best of Kim Mae

There are so many moments that ARMYs never forget. Some of them are just one of the members or all of them. But some of the most talked about and laughed about are ones that involve Mae. There has never been a time that she was funny on purpose and that was what made those moments even more memorable. She was just funny without even meaning to purposely do so. 

Here are some of those moments: 

Calling Out Interviews/ Not paying attention

Mae had a habit of zoning out and she did quite often but most of the time it was during interviews and they'd be asked a question and she'd answer without even knowing the question. One of their favorites was when they were asked by Ellen if they would date any fans of theirs and each member would individually answer as to what they thought. 

"So tell me," Ellen paused, "would any of you date a fan?"

Namjoon let out an awkward laugh, not quite sure how to answer it, "I don't know, honestly, I wouldn't know if the others would know either," he turned to the others who looked at him for the translation which he did. 

"Not," Taehyung paused, looking over at Namjoon, "no."

The rest gave their answers but they waited on Mae who's eyes were wide and staring at her shoes. 

"Earth to Mimi," Jin whispered to her, shaking her lightly and snapping out of her daze.

"What?" she asked, looking at Namjoon as he translated the question for her. She made a face, looking over at the other members who watched her before moving her eyes over to Ellen who sat there with an unreadable smile on her face.

"Do you always ask people about their love lives?" she asked in Korean, eyeing Ellen suspiciously as she looked at the other members who looked like they were holding in laughs. 

Ellen just looked over at the translator she had, listening to his translation before nodding and looking back over at the group, letting out an awkward laugh and clearly unaware of how annoyed Mae actually was. 

"I watched your interviews and you're always asking about love lives," she said in broken English, "why?"

Ellen wasn't exactly sure how to answer that question and decided to just move on, announcing that the group was getting free 'Friends' merchandise since Namjoon had learned English from it and it sounded like they really enjoyed the series. 

IU x Mae

Yoongi had announced to the group that he was going to be working on a song with IU, something that Jungkook was more than excited to hear since he admired her so much. Mae felt the same way but wasn't as vocal about it as Jungkook. 

It was March when Yoongi and IU first met up and started working on lyrics and the melody and just before they'd started, he'd introduced her to the group (even though they knew her already) as to allow them to meet for a bit. 

Mae hadn't heard that IU had expressed just how much she admired her and how much she'd wanted to meet her in a recent interview and when they started talking, she was beyond ecstatic. Who wouldn't love to talk with their favorite idol and get to know them more? 

"Hi, Mae," IU said, a loving smile on her face as she bowed, Mae quickly doing the same despite being starstruck. 

"IU sunbaenin, hi, I love your music," Mae said, not sure what to say. 

"No need to be formal, I'd love to just talk with you as friends. Is that okay with you?"

"Oh, of course, I would love to too."