Black Lives Matter

I have already posted something on my conversations tab on Wattpad but I wanted to come on here and make a statement as well. This movement is very important to me and helping educate those who might not understand what's going on is important.

I think that we are all aware of what has been happening in the United States these past couple weeks. A man by the name George Floyd was wrongfully killed and wrongfully treated by authorities. Moments such as these have been happening for a while, too, which is wrong in all areas. So far, Chauvin and the three other officers with hi, have been charged with 2nd degree murder. It should stay that way, first degree is extremely hard to prove and if it cannot be proved, they will walk free. That is not what should happen.

No human should be treated the way that these people have been treated. People of color have been wrongly treated solely on the reason they are a different skin tone. People of color are no different therefore don't deserve to be treated as they have. They shouldn't be having to be scared just for walking on the street or going to a store or just driving their car. They are human beings with families, they are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, daughters, sons, grandparents, and everything you can think of. What has been happening in our world is an example of systemic racism and that needs to be ended as soon as possible. We need to stop with lame prejudices if we want to move towards equality around the world.

If you are able to, please donate. Even if you have just a $1 to spare. These will go towards bail funds for people who have been put behind bars simply for protesting and using their freedom of speech. There are also GoFundMe's for people in need of money during these struggling times. If you cannot donate, that is okay, there are so many petitions that you can sign and share with your friends and family. Educate yourself and learn about how prevalent these are still. Educating yourself on this is extremely powerful.

Post, share, spread the word of this issue. Post anything you find important that educates yourself and others. Learning about this issue is extremely prevalent as well. No matter the number of followers you have, just sharing what you find with them will educate them.

If you are able to, go out and protest. Use your freedom of speech to advocate for what is right and support those who truly need it and deserve it. Your voice is strong no matter what, just standing by people of color and showing that you support them and won't stop till there is change is meaningful to everyone. The use of protesting has been effective in the past and I don't see that changing any time soon so please, if you are able to, go out and use your voice. If you are able to go out, stay safe, wear a mask and pay attention to what is going on around you. This is a time when unity helps and being an ally to those who need it can have a huge impact. If you are a white person, use your privilege to help those who might not have it and speak up for those who cannot.

I said this on my conversations post but I want everyone to remember that all lives will matter ONLY when black lives matter. This has become much more than just an American issue and the more that you are able to help, the closer we are to having some change finally happen.

Thank you so much for just listening to what I have to say, this is something that's been on my mind for some time and something very important to me. I appreciate your time for just reading this and I hope this drives you to help as well. Thank you again, stay safe out there.

- PS