Post Breakup

Mae and her boyfriend, Jackson, had broken up because they were in a toxic relationship. He was overprotective yet a cheater, he constantly yelled at her for being around her bandmates and called her multiple degrading names.

After dealing with his anger and trust issues for so long, she finally decided it was best to end it. She was tired of his constant yelling, him throwing furniture around if she talked back, and his lack of trust. So she ended it.

Walking out of his house that day, she realized that he was holding her back from being herself and being able to do more things that she wanted to. She messaged Lea, her stylist, and the two went to the mall and shopped around.

Mae wanted to change her style and she did, thanks to the help of Lea and some feedback from Namjoon, Yoongi, Hoseok, Jin, Taehyung, Jungkook, and Jimin. She was more confident in herself than she was, she spoke out more and voiced her opinions more when her voice needed to be heard. 

Her style was more herself and less how Jackson told her to dress which was either slutty or too much. She changed her hair from the auburn it was to pastel pink. 

"Wow, Mimi's got some confidence," Jungkook teased one day while just the seven males were just chilling in the dorm.

"I love it, she's happier and more confident with herself like she should be," Hoseok replied.

"I never really heard the full backstory of her and Jackson but whatever he did, he's helped her in a way. She's grown up," Namjoon said.

"She can be as confident and hardheaded as she wants to the public but we're always going to see her as a short, cute, softie who loves hugs," Taehyung said with a bright smile.

"I mean, she's got duality to her which makes everyone love how unique she is. I don't think I'd trade her for anything," Yoongi added with a soft smile on his face.

Suddenly, two arms wrapped around his shoulders and a familiar face entered her peripheral vision, "awwe, Yoongi's being a softie," Mae teased.

"Always for you," he answered pulling her into his embrace which she happily snuggled into, closing her eyes.

"You can change yourself all you want to the media but you're always going to be a baby to us," Jimin said with the rest nodding in agreement. 

I was jamming to a song I used to listen to a lot a few years back and it gave me inspiration for this. Hope you like it! Sorry it's shorter too