Save Me (pt 4)

Mae entered the hospital, looking around before she spotted the receptionist. She hesitantly made her way over, taking a breath before she spoke, "I'm here for Park Jeun and Park Lee."

"And who are you in relation to them?" the receptionist asked calmly.

"I-I'm their biological daughter."

"Ahh, okay they've just finished up surgery so I'll let the doctors know that you're here and they can give you the verdict." she said with a sympathetic smile.

Mae nodded and left to go wait for however long. Looking around, the doctors and nurses seemed to give her a sympathetic look but she figured it was because her parents were in the hospital. After what felt like hours, she heard her name called and looked up to see a female doctor waving her over a clipboard in hand.

Mae walked up to the doctor just as she saw Irene, Seulgi, Wendy, Joy, Yeri, and Kang walk in. They smiled softly at her as she made her way to the doctor, all of them were anxious but wanted to stay stong for the younger girl who looked terrified.

I need your love before I fall, fall

"Are you Ms. Park Mae?" the doctor asked as she checked the papers. Mae nodded, taking a deep breath and bracing herself for the worst, "Alright so, do you mind walking with me to my office?" Mae followed as she watched the tail of the doctor's coat swaying as she walked.

They finally made it to the office and the doctor, Dr. Lee, opened the door and walked in followed by Mae. Dr. Lee offered her a seat in front of her desk, Mae quietly sat down, her nerves through the roof.

"Okay, so... we did surgery on both of your parents. It was a long and tiring process and my collegues and I worked our best and hardest to help them survive. Unfortunately, we weren't able to save them. Both of their lungs were busted and their hearts held glass in places we were unable to take out in time. If you want to, I can take you to their room where you can say your goodbyes."

Give me your hand save me save me

Dr. Lee's heart broke at the sight of the small girl pale at her words. That was one part she hated about her job, she hated letting them down but she knew that Mae knew they had tried their absolute hardest.

"C-can you t-t-take me t-to them p-p-please?" Mae asked, her voice quiet. Dr. Lee nodded and before they left, hugged Mae and felt her coat becoming tear stained as Mae wrapped her arms around her, shoulders shaking. After a few minutes, Mae let go and followed the doctor to their room. Opening the door hesitantly, Mae walked in but turned back to the doctor and gave her a small smile, "thank you for trying." Dr. Lee nodded and gave Mae a pat on the shoulder before Mae entered.

Dr. Lee left to find the six girls who seemed to be friends of Mae. Once she found them, she told them what had happened and the room Mae was in. The girls thanked her before rushing to find the room where Mae was.

I need your love before I fall, fall

Mae walked into the room, tears fell as she saw the two white sheet covered bodies.

"H-hey momma, dad, I know I really didn't know you and I know you don't know me... but I love you all. I know you had to put me up for adoption because you both were too young to keep a child, I understand and I'm not mad. I hope you know that even though I wasn't able to ever meet you I still love you. Th-thank you for all you have given me, I hope I made you proud. I know I got my talents from you because of all of the stories I'd heard from Mrs. Kim, she and you two were best friends in high school. She said I was a lot like you both and that I was making you both proud. I-I love you more then anything else in the world and I hope that you all have a happy and well afterlife."

Mae dropped to the floor her tears falling as she breathed heavily and buried herself in her arms.

Give me your hand save me save me