Mae's First Collaboration

BTS was in America again for their tour and so they had some free time to meet people and walking around Los Angeles. Mae was on her phone one morning when she received a DM from someone by the username @m_shinoda. She gasped loudly when she realized who it was, the rapper from Linkin Park. When she was younger, Mae was obsessed with Linkin Park and she looked up to both Chester and Mike. Hearing that Chester had taken his own life hurt Mae and she was even invited to perform at a ceremony for him but she was unable to make it so she sent in a video of her talking about how much she loved the band.

Mae opened the message and read: Hey Mae! I was thinking back to when you spoke out about how much LP matter to you and was wondering if you wanted to do a collaboration or two on my newest album coming. I heard you were going to be in America for a bit so I wanted to ask you as soon as I could and this was the easiest way. Once you find out please get back to me as soon as possible so we can further discuss. Sending all of my love to you and the rest of BTS.

Mae was bursting from excitement. She jumped around dancing around, so excited to be able to possibly collaborate with one of the people she loved the most. She left her room to find the manager or Namjoon. Finally, she found Sejin who was talking with one of the stylists.

"Um... Sejin, I'm sorry to interrupt but I was wondering if I could ask you something," Mae said. Sejin just turned around and smiled at Mae before ending the conversation with the stylist so he could focus his attention on her.

"What's up Mae?" he asked.

"Well, the rapper from the group Linkin Park just messaged me asking if I wanted to do a collaboration for one or two of his songs for his upcoming album and I was wondering if I could."

Sejin laughed, making Mae confused before he nodded, a proud smile on his face, "of course you can go. I know how much you love that group so why wouldn't I let you? Now go have fun and don't worry about telling the others because I'll take care of that."

Mae's smiled grew as she quickly hugged and thanked Sejin for allowing her and she ran off to her room to message him back and get changed. Once the location and time was set, Mae got changed and grabbed some important belongings before bolting out of the hotel room door and out of the hotel they were staying in. She wore her mask because she was a little nervous about being jumped or something. She walked to the building that Mike had told her about and let out a nervous but excited breath. She entered the building and took off her mask and sunglasses as she walked up to the desk. Mae wasn't the best at english but she could at least make some of her sentences understandable.

"Um... excuse me, I was wondering if Mike Shinoda was here," Mae said thinking carefully as she spoke.

"Umm... you must be a fan and I'm sorry but Mike does-" the lady started but was cut off by another voice. Mae turned around and her eyes grew at the sight of Mike Shinoda standing there with a smile.

"Oh stop Lilly, don't worry about her, she's usually a little grumpy in the morning. Anyway, so glad you could make it! How about we discuss some ideas in my studio?" he asked.

Mae nodded and followed him to his studio. She analyzed every detail she could as she entered, it was a neat place, definitely different from hers but it felt like a little home inside an entertainment building.

*Time skip to when they're done writing, recording, and editing*

"Okay! There we are! Two songs featuring Mae of the one and only BTS. I can't believe you actually accepted, I was so nervous when I messaged you at first," Mike joked.

"I was so excited... I mean, I've been a fan of the band and you for such a long time and hearing that you asked me to be apart of your upcoming album is truly a dream come true. Thank you Mike I can't tell you how grateful I am," Mae said with a smile. Before Mae left, Mike wanted to post a picture on his social media, along with Mae, to hype up the songs and because he wanted to save the memories.

Mae waved good bye as she left the building and skipped back to the hotel, her face holding a bright smile. When she got back, she found the rest in her room watching a movie, when she entered they all smiled at her and asked her how it went. As Mae described as much as she could, the boys took note in how happy she was that she got to meet one of the people who helped her during her darkest times and they were forever happy that Mae was able to accomplish what she did.

"I can't wait for you guys to hears the songs too! The second one also has another artist in it so I'm I can't wait for you to hear it!" Mae said.