Save Me ( pt 9 )

After a few minutes, Jungkook heard the unlocking of a door. He pushed himself off of the door frame, stumbling a little before finally looking down at the young girl. She'd definitely looked different than she looked just months ago. She looked paler than Yoongi, skinnier, her eyes looked dead and emotionless, she had dark circles under her eyes, and her once bright purple hair faded to a dull purple.  Not even waiting a second, Jungkook wrapped his arms around her being careful not to hurt her as if she was glass. She didn't respond to the hug, she just stood there, numb. Jungkook was heartbroken not to feel her wrap her arms around him like she used to, it was as if she'd become a shell of a human being.

Give me your hand save me save me

"Hey Mae, um.. we were wondering if you'd like to join us for dinner. We're having your favorite, bulgogi and rice. Jin hyung made it specially for you because he know much you love that dish," Jungkook said. Mae never answered, she just stood there looking into space, her mind was overrun with reasons they were actually inviting her, things like 'oh, they're just pitying you, they really don't care' and 'lies' and 'they don't actually care about you'. Jungkook wasn't taking 'no' as an answer so without any words from Mae, he grabbed her hand and brought her downstairs to the kitchen where everyone was sitting at the table for dinner.

The past weeks, they'd set up her place, hoping she would come but she never did. The male maknae entered the kitchen and walked to where the table was with everyone, he held a bright smile on his face as if he accomplished everything. He pulled out her chair and slightly pushed her into the seat then pushing her back towards the table so she was closer to it. He was still smiling as he sat down in his seat across from her. The others were shocked to see Jungkook basically dragging Mae to the dinner table and make her sit down, they looked at his smiling face, full of accomplishment and they smiled a little, seeing their little girl finally sitting with them.

The boys talked amongst themselves, eating their dinner and talking and joking while Mae just sat there still all in her head painful, self-inflicted statements running through her mind. She called herself every possible word that would disrespect someone. Yoongi noticed her silence and how she wasn't really in it, she wasn't herself even. Suddenly, Yoongi made eye contact with her and sent her the gummy smile that she loved so much.

Thank you for letting me be me

Soon enough, everyone had taken notice to the younger not really in anything. They each decided to say something, hoping that she would return to how she was before.

"I know you hate most of us right now but we just would like to say that we sincerely apologize for our actions towards you," Jin started.

"I agree, we've known you for years, basically raising you since you were 13 and it was pretty dumb of us to think what was false was true," Hoseok added.

"To put it simply, we were assholes and you didn't do anything wrong, the only people in the wrong are ourselves and Jaehee," Yoongi said.

Mae slightly flinched at the name, it was mostly Jaehee who was sending threats towards her these past months and they'd gotten to her head, messed around with it. Mae wasn't the happy-go-lucky person she was and the only real person to blame was Jaehee.

A short silence lasted until Mae finally spoke and without making eye contact with anyone asked, "may I please be excused?" Her voice came out deep and raspy because she hadn't put it to use as much, she just kept silent most of the time.

"..sure," Jin answered, hesitant, he'd been wanting to have a dinner with all eight of them but he guessed that point may take awhile to achieve but he was willing to wait... they all were and they could tell that, thanks to Jungkook, something might've been working.

For helping me fly

For giving me wings