Chapter 6

"Alright! Ladies and gentlemen! Here are your guidelines for your Midterm Project," Lindon spoke as he passed out papers to the class. "You'll chose any topic from the list and do an in depth, interactive research project and present it as a group." Everyone started murmuring immediately. "You will be graded as a group, don't forget, so work hard and work well!" he shouted over the class.

The groups huddled together to pick a topic. Liam held the paper and read out loud, "The effects of social class on language and vocal etiquette. Differences between meal preparation in modern societies and ancient civilizations. The effects of different musical styles on a person's mood and behaviors."

"Yes!" Louis and Harry both shouted at the same time. They didn't look towards each other but Liam looked between them and smiled.

"What's everything think of that one?"

"Sounds good to me," Niall agreed.

"Why not?" came Zayn's answer.

Once they all settled into the topic, and got out laptops and notebooks and tablets to start researching, Louis finally let his eyes wander to Harry. He had his eyes locked on something on his computer screen and his hand was writing short hand notes on his paper. The skin between his eyebrows was scrunched together and his tongue was stuck out a tiny bit in concentration. Louis wanted to leap out of his chair and fling himself across the table onto Harry.

Harry's gaze flicked up, feeling someone watching, and caught Louis' eye only for a second before Louis looked back down to his tablet. A few minutes later Louis looked up again and Harry was looking towards him.

Wait. Towards him, but not at him. He was looking behind him. Louis scratched behind his head and tried to casually crane his neck to look behind him and saw a red-head looking back at Harry. She had dark brown eyes and thick lips. And she was flirting. With Harry.

Louis quickly turned back around to look at Harry. Harry caught his gaze for a split second, smirking, then looking back to the girl.

"I'll be right back." Louis stood up suddenly.

"You alright, mate?" Zayn asked next to him.

"Fine," Louis answered, "Just have to pee." Louis walked out into the hallway of the school. The air was a little thinner out here and not as filled with sluts. Louis breathed in deep and sighed out.

What the hell are you doing Lou? You can't get all worked up over someone you can't have. You've gotta get over this.

Louis walked nearly across campus to the coffee shop in serious need of some caffeine. "Venti black tea. Two sugars. Extra hot," he ordered. "Please," he added quickly.

While the barista made his drink Louis slumped against the wall and pressed his palms over his eyes. With his eyes closed, surrounded by darkness, he couldn't almost forget he's a fucking idiot.

Louis had to remedy this situation. Now. He hadn't been laid since before he broke up with Niall. Making it nearly two months of wanking and cold showers.

No more. He was going out tonight. And he wasn't going home alone.

"Lewis?"

Louis smiled tightly and muttered a quick 'Ta' before heading back to the classroom with a plan in play and a new spirit.

Louis sat down at his seat again with a dirty smile on his face. Maybe I'll go for a blond this time. I don't normally. Or maybe someone with brown eyes. Dark. Like my intentions. Ah fuck, who cares what he looks like. As long as he's good at-

"Louis?"

Only then did Louis realize he's been humming and smiling like an idiot. "Yeah?"

"We were all sharing our ideas. Do you want to share what you've found so we can collab this week?"

"Oh yeah, sure!" Louis shared his findings about music-induced hypnosis while Harry stared intently at his mouth; his lips really. They were moving so fast. And they were so pink. And every couple of sentences Louis' tongue would peek out and lick across them to wet them again and again. Harry started to feel a stiffness in his jeans and quickly ducked his head down.

What the hell? Get your shit together. He's a dude. It's been a while since I've gotten laid. That must be it. Don't worry. Tonight I'll go out and fix that.

"So that could be cool to check out," Louis said finishing his spiel.

"Yeah that sounds great," Liam offered. "Okay well I think that's everything. It's a lab day so if no one has anything else I'm gonna head off and I'll see you guys tomorrow night. My house?"

They all agreed and Zayn left with Liam and Niall followed them out. Louis and Harry were packing up when the red-head from earlier came and stood in front of Harry.

"Hey."

"Hey." Harry's face was filled with dirty thoughts.

"I was wondering if maybe you wanted to go out with me tonight. I know a place."

"A place, huh?"

"Yeah," the girl bit her lip and nodded.

Whore, Louis thought.

"Yeah, okay." Harry pulled out his phone and they swapped numbers.

Louis finished packing his stuff up and shouldered his bag. Just as Louis was turning to walked away the girl bumped into him.

"Oh sorry, darling," she apologized.

Louis only nodded and went to leave.

"Hey Lou?" That nickname. Who gave him the right to use a nickname in that tone of voice.

Louis turned back, "Yeah?" He tried to ignore the slight crack in his voice.

"I really like that idea about hypnosis. Maybe sometime you can come over and tell me more about it," Harry said completely straight-faced.

Louis' gay not an idiot. If Harry weren't straight Louis would be 110% certain Harry was hitting on him.

"Uh, yeah, sure."

"Ok. Cool," Harry said a bit awkwardly.

"Have a good day, Harry," Louis tossed over his shoulder as he left.