𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙪𝙣

warnings: well nothing wild, just smoking weed lol (don't do drugs kids) and fluff ofc!

"where are you taking me?" i chuckled.

i was in Roger's car, having no idea where he was taking me, but he said he had a surprise.

"you obviously have no idea what a surprise means, do you?" he grinned, his blue eyes were focused on the country road.

"come on Rooog! we've been driving for an hour." i whined with a pout. i wasn't even sitting in the position i shoul be. my legs were on his lap and my back rested on my side's door. i was impatient and bored, obviously. i started rubbing my leg teasingly against Roger's thighs, higher and higher.

"you're the devil in angel's body. did you know that Jill?" he said, knowing i was trying to tease and annoy him. "we're there soon."

i rolled my eyes and put on some music, 'Here Comes The Sun' by the Beatles started playing and i started singing along, just minding my own thing. i was singing annoyingly loud, which made Roger chuckle.

from time to time Roger gave me an adorable smile, which made my heart melt. i was excited to spend the whole day with him, in where ever the hell we were going.

"how do i know you're not just a spy or a serial killer dressed up as Roger and taking me somewhere far away?" i joked and squinted my eyes.

about an half an hour had passed and he pulled over to a small spot. "we're here, love." he said and got out of the car, i got up after him. as i stood up, i looked around. there were flowers everywhere and the sun was bright, it was shining right onto us. Roger grabbed my wrist an pulled me to a small path.

"where are we?" i was amazed. it was beautiful there.

"wait." he said with a grin.

we kept on walking for about 5 minutes, and i kept whining for him to tell me where we were, but he stayed patient with me, somehow.

suddenly he walked to behind me and put his warm hand on my eyes and walked a little further and then stopped. he took his hand out of my eyes, and i opened them.

there was a red and white picnic mat, with some wine, some sweets, a guitar and instead of roses, there were sunflowers laying beside the foods. i was dumbstruck.

"Roger what are- what is this- oh my god i-" i tried to say something. this was the most romantic thing anyone had ever done to me.

"decided to take you on a little date.. you know, just spend the day with you. you once told me you love picnics." he said, smiling proudly. i gave him a warm hug, which was almost too warm with the sun and the heat already hard on us.

i ran to the mat, sat down and i just couldn't stop smiling. he followed me after and sat down next to me. it was like in a romantic movie from the 50s or something, and i was living for it. after a moment of admiring the sunflowers and the other flowers around us, Roger reached to the other side of me and grabbed the guitar from beside me.

"play something." he said while giving the guitar to me.

i hesitated for a moment. "well.. what do you want me to play?" i smiled. i saw his lips curving into a smile. "whatever you want, love." he said while lighting up a cigarette and taking a puff.

i cleared my throat a bit and started playing the guitar softly. i was playing Dolly Parton's I Will Always Love You. when it was time, i started singing along to the soft tune of the wooden instrument. i could have started crying right there and then. the song, the flowers, the sun, Roger... everything was so beautiful. and i was madly in love with him. he knew i cared for him so much, but he didn't know how much.

i could feel him staring at me and smiling, and that alone made my heart beat like a drum of his.

soon i finished the songs with a slow strum and turned my head to Roger. he was smiling widely, after admiring me for a second, he put the guitar away and pulled me closer to him. he was now laying down, with me next to him, and our lips attached. it would've been the perfect moment for me to say the three words, but i couldn't. he hadn't shown me much affection lately, that made me a little scared.

a couple of hours had went by and he was now lighting up a blunt for us to share. this was something we had been doing since like high school. we all would smoke in Roger's basement, hoping his parents won't walk in. we didn't know Freddie back then, and Brian and John weren't so into it, but Roger and i used to do it a lot and it sort of became a habit, a bad habit. we didn't do it so often anymore, but still did it sometimes. now with Freddie too.

another few hours went by and we were still in the same spot, now finishing our bottle of wine. the stars were starting to appear to the darkening sky and the breeze getting colder, but not too cold. the golden light of the sun that was going down was shining on Roger's chest, that was visible from the flowy button shirt, like usual, it was buttoned only halfway up. i don't know if it was the stuff we smoked earlier or what, but he was extra beautiful.

i took the three sunflowers that were laying next to us in my hand and smiled. "Roger.. i love these." they meant so much to me.
"i'm glad. beautiful sunflowers for a beautiful sunflower." he said grinning, and i couldn't help but laugh at his silly words.

"Roger." i said after my smile dropped and laugh faded away. i could see his face turn as well, almost a scared expression on his face.

"mhm?" he hummed in response.

"why- are you really busy with music? am i not good enough for you?" i didn't plan on saying the last thing but it just came out. i started rethinking what John had said and i was scared. now his face changed even more.

"love, what are you saying? you're too good for me. sorry i've been a bit distant lately i um.. i'm writing this song and you know.. it's stressful and everything. also a tour is probably coming up soon and everyhing so i just um.. you know.." he said with a convincing tone, but he stuttered a little. i had to believe him. i knew he was perfect, i was so in love with him. "you know.. i'm not ready for a serious relationship right now, with the band and all that, but i promise you Jill, when i have everything, i will give it to you. i will do everything for you."

i just nodded with a smile. i could feel tears in my eyes, but i refused to let them out, and my heart was melting. i loved him so much and the words he just said didn't make loving him any easier. i couldn't wait till i got to call him mine. i was so happy right now.

he showerwd my face with kisses and started tickling me. i just screamed, trying to push his hands away from me. "Roger..! stop!" i laughed. it took me about ten times to say his name until he stopped and stared at me with a wide grin, i just stared back into his ocean eyes.

"Jill."

"yeah?"

"I love you."