𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙞'𝙢 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚

song: Now I'm Here by Queen (obviously) i also listened to in the lap of the gods while writing!

Jill's pov.

we had arrived to the airport about an hour ago, and just in about 9 hours we would be in New York city. we had gone through the security and such, so now we were just waiting for the flight. we had our private plane and private waiting area so it was really fancy. i was sitting on Roger's lap as he was sitting on a bench. we were chatting about random things with the boys and their girlfriends Veronica, Mary and Chrissie.

i was getting a little anxious. i have never gone out of England, and definetely never gone to somewhere so far away. i didn't know what flying was like but i've heard some scary stories. what if we were the next headline on all the news, saying how a rock band died in an airplane crash. that thought sent shivers down my spine. i could feel myself become a little dizzy as my mind kept wandering. what if the plane just drops down from the sky?

suddenly, my mind started wandering around more. i couldn't believe all this. being by Roger's, and the other's, side through all this was an honor, honestly. i couldn't wait for the moment when we're all in our late 70s remembering how they became the greatest known rock band of all time, and how they'd still be known as the legends of rock n' roll. how they'd live on.. how me and Roger would tell our grandkids stories about the time we fell in love in the summer of '74. how they'd-

i was suddenly snapped out of my intense thoughts as Roger bounced his leg up and down a few times, making me bounce as well, as he was calling my name a couple of times. "Jill!"

"oh yes! what?" i shook my head and turned it a little so i could see the half of his face.

"you alright?" he asked, leaning closer to my ear, and almost whispering, so that he could keep our conversation private, in case something bothered me. he was so sweet and caring.

"i'm good." i lied. i was stressed and anxious as hell, but at the same time i was so excited. my voice accidentally came out sounding like a kid who was just crying a second ago and was now pouting. if that makes sense?

"what's wrong?" he asked. clearly noticing the lies from the tone of my voice. his arm around me tightened a little and he pulled me closer, that my back was against his chest. i could feel his warm breath tickle my ear.

"i don't wanna go! i mean i do.. i really do! but i'm just- i'm scared. what if something happens? what if i like die or something? what if you-" i started almost crying. i didn't even want to cry but something about saying those out loud made me. i was cut off by him wrapping his other hand around me as well and attempting to call me down. it did help. he was so used to me being like this so it wasn't new.

"shh.. baby, nothing's gonna happen, i promise. the flight is going to be fun! i'm sitting next to you, we can hold hands the whole 9 hours." he chuckled just like i did too.

"thank you." that was all i could say, but i really meant it.

"mhm." he kissed my forehead. "now drink some water and we can have some snacks in the plane, alright?" he said, giving me a bottle of water from a smaller rucksack of his. he was so caring, it was driving me and my heart mad.

"yeah." i whispered and took a sip.

"it's time to go!" their manager told us and i groaned a little, i didn't want to get up from Roger's warm and comfortable lap, and i also was so scared to get on the plane.

"you know it's really hard for me to stand up with you sitting on me." he chuckled and i giggled a little.

"but your lap is so comfortable." i whined and pouted playfully.