𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙬𝙚 𝙢𝙚𝙩

Roger's pov.

flashback - 5 years ago.

it was the summer of 68' and it was a hot night in London, i was in a pub. it was a stupid party with college kids and some underage kids sneaking in with fake ids. there were people i had seen but never talked to. there were familiar faces, some girls i knew i had slept with, some girls that i had never seen and some girls who i just didn't, in all honestly, care about.

the small pub was too crowded for my liking. everywhere i turned i bumped into someone. with everyone so close to each other, it was really hot, and i was sweating a lot. and above all that i was desperate for a smoke. i started making my way through the crowd to the small door.

"excuse me.. m'sorry..." i mumbled as i pushed everyone out of the way. some people gave me dirty looks, some politely moved out of the way and some were too drunk to even realise what was going on. finally, i got to the door, i quickly opened it and jumped into the warm breeze, sighing loudly as i let out a breath i didn't even know i was holding. i went through my pockets when i finally found what i was looking for, my cigarettes and a lighter.

as i walked to the behind of the pub, to a small alley i saw a figure sitting in the dark, back resting against the cold brick wall and head in her hands, knees up. when i walked a bit closer, i could hear quiet sobs coming out of the, who i assumed was, girl.

"you alright?" i asked.

"i'm... i'm okay thanks."  she shot her head up as i was now standing only a meter away from her. the first second i saw her face, i immediately fell in love with her face. she was so beautiful. i then gave her a small smile, earning a - fake - smile from her too.

"want a smoke?" i asked while holding a pack of cigarettes towards her. she shook her head.

"no thanks. i only smoke when i'm stressed." she laughed sadly before wiping her sad but beautiful eyes. totally forgot about her makeup, i thought.

"you sure you're not stressed right now?" i teased, earning an eye roll from her. "very funny. as a matter of fact, i'm not stressed just stuff..."

"just taking the piss, love." i didn't want to question further, but i didn't want to let it go just yet, cause i knew, that if i'd leave her alone like this, i'd regret it later. but i never thought that i'd regret riding along with her.

"do i know you? you seem kind of familiar.." she wondered out loud after long silence.

"i don't know." i laughed "i'm Roger... Taylor." and as soon as i said that, her eyes lit up. maybe she knew me from somewhere? i really hope she wasn't a girl i had slept with cause that would be very awkward.

"Roger Taylor..." she wondered out loud once again. "do you know Brian?" she asked. ah. probably a friend of Brian's.

"May? yeah. he's my bandmate. why? do you know him?" i asked curiously.

"yes! you're the drummer and the guy all the girls in this college keep talking about! well Brian, he happens to be my boyfriend so yes, i know him." she laughed while my eyes widened and eyebrows raised.

"YOU'RE the girl he keeps talking about!" i exclaimed. "i can see why he's head over heels for you!" i smirked. she was really beautiful. Brian had talked about some girl for weeks, but he hadn't introduced her for us. i could see why, i knew he was scared that i'd try something on her.. i mean, just look at her. she looked like an angel. like a rose.

"what's that supposed to mean?" she smiled. the tears were still visible and her face was still red but it was slowly fading away with every passing minute. for now.