Hospital Bed

Sapphire's POV

"You have a broken jaw. It's not as serious but it's still broken" The nurse said. I nodded my head. I laid in the hospital bed. There was something holding my jaw in place, I could speak but it hurt a lot. My face swollen and I could feel it in the inside and outside of my mouth.

"How long will I be in here?" I asked as I said my words slowly.

"You will be in here for about 4 days. I will need to contact a parent. May I please get a number?" The nurse said as she held her pad up. I told her my moms number. Her pen glad across the paper. Once I finished the number she exited the room and went to the recipient desk that was in front of every door. It was long and ended by a hall leading to the elevator.

"Yes Mrs. Jones your daughter has been injured and is here in the Monteifore Hospital. You will be able to visit her anytime of the 4 days she is here" She explained. It took her a few minutes after! to get off the phone. She walked back in to the room.

"She will be arriving in a moment. Why would anyone do this to you?" She asked.

"These girls don't like me. I have had multiple problems with them. I got suspended in school a month ago because of the same girls" I explained. She looked at me.

"What did you three do?" She asked.

"It was four. My friend and one of the girls got in a fight. The other girl jumped in so I jumped in to help my friend." I explained slowly. She nodded.

"Wow, what grade are you in?" She asked.

"I'm in 12th" I said. She looked at me. She walked over to my chart.

"But it says right here your 16" She said. I nodded.

"I am 16 but I skipped 11th grade this year" I said to her. She looked shocked.

"Wow your parents must be proud. You looking at college's?" She asked. I shook my head.

"Why not?" She asked.

"I have three scholarships no need to look" I said. This lady looked really impressed.

"Ok, ok. What schools?" She asked. She asked so many question but I was ok to answering them.

"Columbia, Yale and Harvard University" I said. She shook her head in amazement.

"Did you pick one yet?"

"No, I was going to pick Columbia but my guidance counselor said I should wait and not pick right away I have all year. Don't rush it because I might want to go to one school now but at the end of the year I might want something else." I said quoting my guidance counselor's words.

"That's good. Just know them girls only want to bring you down because there jealous. You have so much to look forward to and they don't like that. Just keep going your doing wonderful" She said.

"Thanks, I will. Can I call a few other people on my phone?" I asked as I reached for my phone. She nodded her head and exited the room. I scrolled through my contact list and press the number.

"Alina, hey" I said slowly.

"What's wrong with you?" She asked.

"I'm in the hospital" I said keeping the slow pace.

Alina's POV

"FOR WHAT!" I yelled throughout the phone.

"Tiffany and Jennifer had jumped me when I was walking to my home" Sapphire said in a soft, low, and slow tone.

"Those bitches. Who there with you?" I asked.

"No one. My mom is coming though" She said. I slipped on my shoes.