May 25 aka Prom

Sapphire's POV

"Aw don't tug to hard Kym" I told Kym as she curled my hair. I went to a Dominican Salon and there blow dyer was on blast.

"I'm sorry" She said as she continued to get my straighten strands of hair to curl. When she finished she turned the curling iron off and tapped my shoulder. I looked at my hair I the mirror and at my phone for the time.

"3:50. Where's my dress?" I asked.

"Right here" Casey said running into the bathroom. She had steamed it for me.

"I'm not putting it on yet I just wanted to know it was" I said as Casey pulled out the makeup bag. She handed the dress to Kym and started my makeup.

"Close your eyes" Casey said. I did as commanded. I felt the cold concealer cover my eyelids. She covered my whole face after.

"Open"

"Which color" Casey continued. I pointed my manicured nail at the light blue and black pallets. She nodded her head.

"Close your eyes again" Casey said. I did so and after the long process it was 4:59.

"Did you eat?" My mom asked. I shook my head. She had something already cooking.

"Ok hold on. You really pretty." My mom said.

"Thanks" I said. Casey came in the kitchen with Alina by her side.

"Hey you look lovely" Alina said walking up to me. I thanked her.

"Did you agree to letting Diggy take you?" Casey said. I nodded.

"When is he coming then?" Kym said coming down the stairs.

"Around... 7:30" I said turning to Kym. I looked at the clock in the kitchen and it read 5:15.

"Is the food done yet?" I asked looking straight at the uncooked chicken frying.

"Do it look finished Sapphire?" My mom asked. I shrugged my shoulders.

"Don't make me hit you Sapphire" My mom said.

"Your brother is coming later" My mom continued.

"Stephen" I said. She nodded. He was the first born.

"Soon actually" My mom said looking at her watch.

"Ok I'll be ready when he comes so I could take photos with him." I said excited. Stephen has been in college for 6 years. A Master's degree and a Associate's degree. He was accepted to UCLA for basketball. He wasn't drafted so he stayed for two years and got drafted in his fifth year there. That's was when I was 11 that's where he's been ever since.

"I knew you would be excited" My mom said putting the fried chicken on plate. She handed it to me.

"Thanks" I said walking to the dining room table and sat. Casey, Alina, and Kym followed with plates also. We talked and joked as we finished our few pieces of chicken.

"6:30. Wow time is flying" I said as three was a knock on the door.

"Oh shot Stephen" I said I ran up the stairs. Casey and Alina behind me. Kym answered the door. We got in my room and rushed to get my dress on. Alina unpinned my hair was I put on my earrings. Casey finish zipping my dress and quickly fixed anything wrong with my make up. Quickly finishing any and everything I looked in the mirror.

"You look beautiful" Alina said.

"Now put on them heels" Casey said. I put on the silver 6 inch pumps. I took a few pictures in the mirror with Alina and Casey. Finally exiting the room we made our way down stairs.

"You look beautiful Sapphire" My mom said.

"Thanks mom. Hi Stephen" I said looking at him. When I got to the last step I ran to my brother.

"Sapphire. You look great you got so big. Who's taking you to prom?" He asked. I looked for my phone and couldn't find it.

"Wait hold on. My phone" I said walking up the stairs. I entered the room and quickly search for the hidden phone. Once I found it I looked at the time. 7:32 and Diggy still ain't here. I grabbed my silver purse matching my heels. I walked out the room a bit upset getting down the stairs I spotted Diggy.

"I thought you were late" I said getting to the bottom of the stairs. Diggy stared at my frame.

"You were late" My mom said. Stephen noticed Diggy staring.

"Hey keep your eyes off my sister" Stephen said.

"Leave them alone" My mom said. My mom now's about me and Diggy. She was upset when she found but she slowly got over it. If she told Stephen this wouldn't end to well.

"But Ma" Stephen said as My mom tugged him into the kitchen. I was silent until I heard a loud 'WHAT'.

"He was her first what. He's going to get his first ass whooping!" Stephen shouted.

"Stop Stephen. You sound like your father" My mom said laughing. She had to tell him. He agreed to something and walked out the kitchen. He gave Diggy a weird look.

"Ok let me get a few photos" My mom said. Diggy and I took a few and Stephen and I got two or three. After we were done with the photos Diggy and I were off.

"You look really nice" Diggy complimented as he drove.

"Thanks you look handsome yourself" I said. We continued to drive in silent it became a akward silence when we were 20 minutes away from my home. Pulling up to the beautiful venue on the out skirt of town.

"We're here?" I asked. He nodded as got out the car and over to the passengers side. I smiled a bit as he opened the door helping me out. I fixed my dress as he close the door. I walked to the curd waiting on Diggy.

Jennifer's POV

"Look who showed up" I said pointing at Diggy. Tiffany scoffed.

"Who is he with?" Tiffany said kind of jealous. I can't lie the girl he was with was thick especially in that light blue dress.

"Sapphire?" She said. I looked at Tiffany.

"How did you know that?" I asked Tiffany. She looked to upset as Sapphire turned and tugged Diggy to the dance floor.

"The dress. I seen her buy that shit" Tiffany explained. I nod understandably

"Well what is there to do? They did come with each other" I said. She shrugged.

"I'll think of something" Tiffany said.

Tiffany's POV

"I know exactly what to do" I said to Jennifer. The fourth slow song just ended and the prom was about to end. We danced but not to much.

"What?" Jennifer asked.

"Just watch" I said. I picked a drink up from the serving table and walked over to Sapphire.

"Hey bitch I think your dumb thirsty ass need a little drink" I said as she turned to face me. When she completely turned to me I splashed the drink on her dress. The girls she was talking to gasped.

"Oh ok. Diggy take me home" She said facing the flabbergasted Diggy.

"Are you su-" Before Diggy could finished Sapphire spoke.

"YES! Just take me home." Sapphire said. She whispered something and Diggy nodded.

"Before we -" Sapphire said but didn't finish, she turned to me and after that I was knocked to the ground with a stinging face.

"WHOA!" the girls behind Sapphire shouted. Diggy tugged Sapphire out the place. Jennifer came to help me up.

"Let's get you home" Jennifer suggested. I walked side by side with Jennifer as we left.