Graduation Day

Diggy's POV

"Destiny Jones" The principle Joseph spoke. The girl Destiny walked up on stage and shook hands the principle, and the assistant principles.

"Sapphire Jones" Principle Joseph continued. Sapphire shoulder length hair flatten under her cap. She walked up on the stage. Her sapphire blue heels clicked as she did. She shook the assistant, and the principles hands and left the stage. Walking off the stage her mother sat in front and took photos of her.

"Daniel Simmons" I thanked the Lord that my name finally. After Sapphire everything went slow. I got up and marched to the stage with a smile, shook hands, got my diploma and marched to my seat. 40 minutes after it was finally finished. We had to leave first.

"We made it!" A few voices screamed. I laughed at the happy group of girls. Jacob came up to me in the red cap and gown.

"That was so long" Jacob said. We walked out the doors and outside to the parking lot.

"It was long. I began to think the whole school was graduating" I said as our parents came out the school. Sapphire ran up to us.

"I made it out of this hell hole. Congrats" She said with a smile on her face.

"Thanks" Jacob and I said. That's when the whole varsity basketball team came up to Sapphire, Jacob and I.

"Ok I'm leaving now. I'll be back though" Sapphire said as she walked off. One of the boys whistled at Sapphire as she walked away. She looked back at us a bit upset. She continued to walk through the shrinking crowd.

"Diggy man you done with that?" Tyler one of the basketball players asked talking about Sapphire. I shrugged.

"You have to talk to her. Well if she evens trys to listen to you" I said in a nonchalant tone. Tyler smiled as he seen her come back with Alina, Casey and Kym.

Sapphire's POV

"Hey" I said as I approached the group of tall boys.

"Hey ma" One of the boys said. I blushed as his pearly whites shined at me. Casey went off to Jacob and Alina had got in my car with Kym sitting in the passengers seat.

"What are you all talking about?" I asked.

"College. You going?" Another boy asked all of us.

"Yeah I got a half scholarship to UCLA" One of the boys said.

"Well I'm working on my career so no." Diggy said. They nodded. Before anyone continued the boys looked at me.

"You got any colleges you want to go to or accepted too" said The boy that called me ma.

"Well I was accepted to Yale" I said. They looked at me.

"How much you got to pay for that tuition" One of the other boys asked.

"Umm... I don't have to pay. I have a full scholarship. But I do have to pay for my books." I said. They stare in amazement.

"Wow little mama is smart" One boy said. I smiled. My mom walked over to me.

"You ready to go?" My mom asked. I shook my head.

"I have to speak to Mama Justine" I said. She nodded. Speaking of Mama Justine, she came up to us with Mr. Simmons.

"Congrats baby girl. I'm proud" Mama Justine said.

"Thanks Mama Justine. How was your day?" I asked. She sighed shaking her head.

"That graduation was to long" Mama Justine complained. I sucked my teeth.

"It was worth the wait" I said. She nodded in agreement.

"Yeah it was. I love your heels" Mama Justine complimented. I thanked her. We conversed a little more before we called it a day.

"See you later" I said as I went to my car. I got in the driver's seat and my mom and dad went to their car.

"Where are we going to next?" I asked as I pulled off.