Chapter 33

Smoot POV

I scanned the hallways, surprised that they were empty. I checked the time to make sure I didn't get here to late. I didn't.

Where the hell was everybody at?

I got my answer when I saw most of the school circled around something. I wanted to know what got everybody's attention so I pushed past everybody.

"Why the hell ya'll just standing around watching?" I yelled.

I clenched and unclenched my fists trying to control my anger.

Who would do this to my sister?

There was Asia on the ground, just laying there with blood on her and her shirt ripped.

"What y'all looking at- the fuck?" I heard Shawn's voice.

I turned and saw Shawn and Fizz standing in the center of the circle.

Just then the late bell rang, making everyone rush to their next class. While they were doing that I picked her up carefully.

"What do you want us to do to help?" Fizz asked. I started walking towards the nurse's office  and they followed.

"Nothing, right now but thanks. Y'all can just go to class." I told them. They nodded and left.

Ms.Martha stood up as soon as she saw me entered.

"Oh my, what happened?" she asked me as I layed Asia on the nurse bed thingy.

"I don't know, I just found her like that." I shrugged.

I'm happy that Ms.Marsha knew we were siblings or this would fishier than a hoe's vagina.

"Okay, wait out there." she pointed to the seating area.

When I exited the area she closed the curtain to fix Asia up.

*****

"Smoot." a hoarse voice made my head shoot up.

I smiled when I saw my baby sister awake.

I gave her a waterfall of my root beer. She drank it and cleared her throat.

"I'm glad to see you're up." I told her. She nodded her head slowly.

"Now tell me what the fuck happened?" my smile was now gone and I wasn't in the mood for bullshit.

"Well, Josiah was walking me to my locker, as usual, then he asked me to the winter dance. After I said yes he said he had to talk to his coach about something." she cleared her throat again. " Then these bitches came up to me and the leader told me that Josiah was hers and shit and then they jumped my ass." she explained.

I was fucking heated. All this over a lil nigga?

I didn't let my anger appear.

Before I could say anything Ms.Marsha pulled the curtain back.

"Your father is on his way." she told us. I nodded my head and she closed the curtain.

"How you feelin'?" I asked her.

"Mad and sore as hell." she answered. "Like, who the fuck still jumps people?" she scoffed.

We talked until our Pops came.

I carried her to his truck and put her in the backseat.

"Aye all see y'all later." I told them and kissed Asia on the cheek.

I waited until they drove off to walk back inside of the building. I got a pass from Ms.Marsha before heading to class.

For the rest of the day I couldn't really focus on what was going on. All I could think about was Asia getting jumped.