Chapter 37

Asia POV

"Why is he so damn beautiful?" I asked Tatum as we worked on our group work.

Ms.Philips assigned us to do a project on dating behaviors.

"I don't know. I often ask myself why I was blessed with this face." Alex said before Tatum could respond.

"Negro, ain't nobody talking to yo ugly ass." I told him.

In our group it was me, Tatum, Alex, and Toby, the guy I went to the dance with.

"Toby, you gon' let her talk to you like that?" Alex turned to Toby. Toby was too wrapped up in whatever he was doing that he didn't notice what was going on.

"Alex, I was talking to you." I smacked my lips.

"No you weren't cause I ain't ugly."

"You stupid." Tatum said.

"No I not." his goofy ass replied.

"What's 9 + 10?" I asked playing along.

"21." we all started laughing which made everyone turn their attention to our group.

"Settle down students." Mrs.Philips demanded.

"I'll be back. I gotta take a piss." Alex said and walked up to Mrs.Philips and soon left the room with a pass.

She started walking towards our group with some guy our age behind her.

"This is our new student Hakeem, he'll be joining your group." she introduced us all.

He sat down right next to Tatum, stealing Alex's seat.

I noticed how Tatum started to blush when he started flirting with her. I admit he's a cutie.

Just then Alex came back in.

"Who the fuck are you and why are you in my damn seat?" Alex asked.

I just started laughing and shaking my head. I can see where this is going.

"Oh, my bad. I didn't know this was ya seat." Hakeem said but he was still staring at Tatum.

"Move ya ass then." Alex raised his voice.

"Alex you can pull up another chair, you don't have to be so rude." Tatum scolded him.

Alex rolled his eyes but grabbed another chair.

"Okay, we need too get started." I changed the subject.

******

"Okay, class you will have tomorrow in class and then you have to finish it on your own time." Mrs.Philips announced as the bell rung.

"A-asia?" I stopped packing my book bag and looked up.

It was Toby.

"Yeah?"

"I-I m-made this for you." he handed me a picture.

It was a picture of me.

"Um, thanks Toby." I gave him a fake smile and rushed out of the classroom.

That was so weird.

"He is so fine and he's hella funny!" Tatum said as we walked to our lockers. She was talking about Hakeem.

"Wait, I thought you liked Alex." I put up my Sociology book and traded it for my History book, then something fell out of my locker, I picked it up.

"I do but it's obvious he doesn't like me. I've been liking him since we've known each other and I'm tired of waiting for him." she shrugged.

"Then I agree you need to move on." I supported my friend.