Chapter 39

Narrorator POV (Third person)+one something to prevent this but it's too late now.

Everyone was on edge. No one said anything when they were waiting for the doctor to come into the lobby and it wasn't any better now.

"Well, what room is she in?" he was antsy to go see her.

Even though Bri said she was okay Fizz needed to see it for himself. He had questions for her.

"Um, Fizz she said she doesn't want to see you." Bristol avoided eye contact.

"Bristol tell me what room she's in, you know I won't hurt your sister." he smacked his lips.

"I know that and so does everybody else but my loyalty lies with Jay and she doesn't want to see you right now." Bri shrugged.

Before Fizz could say anything else Bristol's phone rang. Bristol looked down and sighed it was Jeremiah.

"I gotta answer this."

Rocky came into the lobby just as Bristol was about to leave. Kai saw his aunty and ran over to her and she picked him up.

"She doesn't want to see me." Fizz said as Rocky sat down next to him.

" I know she told all of us." Rocky answered as she felt Kai's grip around her neck loosen. She looked down at her nephew as he fell asleep. He didn't have his nap today.

"That's some bullshit." Fizz shook his head.

Rocky nodded her head in agreement.

******

"Excuse me sir." a nurse shook Fizz.

He opened his eyes and looked around. There was only a few people in the lobby.

"Are you Fizz?" the nurse asked him.

"Yeah." he wiped his eyes.

"Jay would like to see you." he followed the nurse until they got to a room.

"You only have thirty minutes." the nurse said with a smile before leaving.

Fizz slowly walked towards the bed. His heart started beating faster when he saw Jay hooked up to the machines. Rocky told him how the doctors had to revive Jay twice.

He was nervous and so was Jay.

She didn't want him to judge her.

For 15 minutes there was silence. 

"I don't think we should talk to each other anymore." Jay blurted out.

"What?" Fizz looked up at her.

"I think I have too much baggage and you need someone who's normal." Jay refused to look at him. She couldn't.

"you were right, I have been selfish." Jay nodded her head.

"I didn't mean-" he got cut off.

"Let me finish. I was being selfish because I wasn't thinking about how you feeling. I was mean to you and you didn't deserve it. You were right." Jay continued.

Fizz didn't say anything he just shook his head and stood up.

Before Jay even knew what was happening Fizz kissed her. Long and hard.

"Stop, Fizz." Jay pulled away when she realized she growing weak.

"You deserve better than me." she whispered against his lips.

"Ion want nobody but you."

"You know what my mama told me?" Jay asked she lightly pushed Fizz away from her.