3

-edited-

     "Gemma I don't want to go" I sternly said keeping a straight face while packing the remains of Darcy's toys into a bag.

"Come on Tif, you can't be a mom for the rest of your entire life" Gemma whined laying down on the bed. She grabbed a pillow and stuffed it over her head. My hands gripped the pillow before tossing it across the room. Smacking her upside the head.

"As have you know I am perfectly happy being a mother" I protested crossing my arms. Gemma raised an eyebrow while sending me the infamous Styles smirk, reminding me a whole lot of her younger brother.

  "Tif, on your free time you watch romance movies and read books. You need to live a bit. Start living your romantic needs in reality. Not a soppy Nicolas Sparks movie." She said looking at me trying to find a trace of emotion out of my eyes.

As much as I want to disagree with her, I can't. She was right I have been a bit lonely, but what does she expect I have been single for almost 4 years. Eventually after a long period of time girls tend to fantasize of getting their dream man,  but thats what it was- a fantasy, I have Darcy though I don't need a guy. My baby girl was enough to keep me happy.

    "If I go out will you shut up" I groaned while slowly giving into her pleading. She bobbed her head up and down as a smile of satisfactory spread across her face.

I sighed and walked towards my closet. "Fine if I am going out, let me get dressed" I huffed while I threw clothes around ;shuffling through everything. Gemma is the type of person who just wont love this down. This is going to come up in the most unnecessary times as a conversation filler, knowing her. Surprisingly I am temporarily ok with it, Because maybe for just one nice I can be a a normal 20 year old.

"That's the spirit" Gemma cheered while shooting me a wink before walking out of the room.

Darcy sat on the bed playing with the barbie I had gotten her for her birthday.

  "What are we going to do with your auntie" I laughed looking at Darcy. She just shrugged and continued to play with her doll. Her tiny fingers brushed out barbies hair while putting them it a messy braid.

When Gemma had mentioned clubbing I was so unsure, I haven't been clubbing since my 18th birthday. After countless minutes of plowing through the entirety of my closest I made the realization that I had absolutly nothing to wear. When being a mother skimpy clothing isn't really something you consider purchasing. The only occasion where I would get out of my normal yoga pants and teeshirts was when I was going to mommy and me. I also didn't wear revealing clothing to begin with. My mother always told me that a truly beautiful woman doesn't need to reveal herself for appeal.

"Gemma I have nothing to wear" I shouted into the other  room.

Gemma came out holding a black dress. "Good thing I planned ahead" She tossed  me the dress as it fell to my feet.

I could never wear this, its short and very tight. It made my bust look a bit big. I have a daughter and wearing this would just be weird, and let be honest feel weird. Looking at the dress alone just made me feel dirty. I did a twirl in the mirror looking a bit self conscious.

I curled my already curled hair into soft waves ,despite what my thoughts were I was actually starting to like the feeling of getting dolled up.

I began to put on red lipstick as Darcy hoped up onto my lap. I ran my hand sthrough her curls as she leaned into me. Darcy has always been dependent on people ever since she was little. She would always need to be with someone, but I was never one to complain because I am A lonely mom and Darcy is the best companion anyone can ask for.