25

This chapter goes out to fivesauceyx for helping me come up with the idea of this chapter
_________

"I'm sorry I have to leave on your birthday love" Adam places a gentle kiss on my forehead. A frown still covers my face as I maintain my positive attitude. "Its alright go" I slightly pushed him towards the door. He turned around and gave me a small peck on the lips before leaving.

Once he was out the door I was already laid out on the couch. Darcy ran up and jumped right up onto my back. I flipped over and hugged her towards my chest, poking her chubby cheeks. "Hello Miss Darcy" I tugged on her tiny pony tails.

"Hewoo Mommy" She wrapped her tiny arms around my neck. I held onto her tight enjoying the little things like this. These moments where I realize how much she makes me happy. "Mommy is 19 today that's something hun" I propped her up onto my stomach.

She scrunched her face while cutely replying, "That's old mommy." I let out a loud laugh while mentally capturing this moment. She is so cute without even trying.

"What would you like to do today miss" I asked as she put a hand on her chin. "Cookies" She cheered causing me to nod my head. A mommy daughter baking day sounds absolutely lovely right now. My mother and I used to bake all the time. That's on of my favorite things we did together. I would love to carry the tradition on with my new baby.

"I will get the ingredients, you wait here" I sat her down while walking off to the fridge. I searched for the necessary ingredients. Honestly what even goes into cookie. I think winging it sounds like a plan. I grabbed eggs flour, milk oil, and chocolate chips. If they taste bad take out wont bite.

"What in the world is going on here" Gemma sauntered out, her clothes are wrinkled and her hair a mess. Leave it to Gemma to wake up at 2 in the afternoon. "Oh my bad Happy birthday" She walked over and gave me a hug.

"You have a horrible case of bed head" I joked as she shot me a glare. I pulled out mixing bowls and set everything out. "Darcy come here."

She rushed over and set her hands on the counter, to lift herself up to get a look. I pulled out a measuring cup and filled it with flour. "Pour this into the bowl" I instructed while handing her the cup. Her chubby fingers grabbed it and tossed it into the bowl. She got a bit on the counter, I put a bit onto my finger and poked her nose. "This is what happens when you make a mess."

She began to giggle while poking me with some flour. Gemma sat at the table eating an apple. "If I get flour on me whoever is responsible is dead." Me and Darcy just stared innocently. Honestly i love to get Gemma going it really funny to watch her reaction.

"Darcy go sprinkle this on Gemma" I placed some flour in her hand as she nodded. She held her flour filled hand behind her back as she walked up to Gemma. "Hey auntie Gemma" She cooed as Gemma looked up from her apple.

Just then Darcy splatted the flour all over the side of Gemmas face. "Guys I told you not to" She whined as she picked up Darcy. "You will pay" She carried her over to the couch and began to tickle her. Darcy squeals could be heard through the room. I smiled at the sight as I began to finish the cookies.

They began to play with barbies as I placed the cookies into the oven. I wiped the flour off of my forehead as I sat down. Just then a loud knock was heard from the door. I turned to Gemma who looked at the door. "You expecting anyone."

"No" She answered with confusion. I hopped off my chair and happily skipped over towards the door. I swung it open without checking to see who it was. Right then the smile was knocked off of my face. My heart now on the floor breaking into millions of pieces.