I wanted to see you

Caroline closed the door of her car with a sigh, she had another unbearable day at school ahead of her.

She looked at all the happy familiar faces and felt a little sting in her heart, she used to be just like them with no worries but what to wear every day to school, but now she was different and she would never be like them again.

She felt that awful dark wave come over her again, she missed being the careless cheerleader, her mind flew to the games and to the practice routine that she adored so much and with that memory Tyler showed up in her thoughts.

A sad smile crossed her lips, she missed him terribly, if only he would just call her, just to let her know how he was.

"Ok, enough with the self-pity Caroline!" she raised her chin up high, this would be a great day and she would have fun today.

As she started walking towards the front gate she saw his black shiny car arrive, of course that he seemed to do it on purpose, did he spy on her so that he would know exactly at what time she arrived at school every single day?

Annoying and creepy mister, a part of her brain evoked but still her gaze slowly searched for him, she didn't really know what she was doing, it had been a week already since her breakdown in the woods and she had managed to avoid him ever since.

Occasionally she would remain inside of her car until he left or she would find someone to talk to so that she would look distracted but today was different, she actually felt the urge to look at him.

Klaus was laughing at something that Rebekah was saying and when his eyes rested on her she felt as if air was being taken away from her lungs by force, still she ordered her legs to move and she looked away from him but not before letting a small honest smile cross her lips.

Klaus was the worst enemy they had faced to date, he had done awful, bad things to all of them but she couldn't help the way that he always made her smile without even saying a word. "Bad, bad Caroline." she murmured to herself and headed inside of the building.

The day went by as usual but she managed to keep her smile and felt as if she had achieved her purpose for today by accomplishing that, things were going to be better, she assured herself again.

After school she went hunting with Stefan, Klaus was after all right, feeding directly from fresh warm blood was keeping her overwhelming feelings under control.

Ugh, she hated admitting that he was right.

"Caroline I'm leaving for work, see you tomorrow honey." Liz said from the front door.

"Bye Mom, I love you." She replied from the bathtub before she heard the door close. "Ummm..." she moaned as the hot water covered her body, this was just what she needed.

She lost track of time, she just enjoyed being there in her little world of steamy water and pretty soap bubbles until she heard a noise, someone was inside of her house.

With a swift lift she left her hot bath and wrapped a towel around her body, she grabbed the first thing that she found and stepped outside of her bathroom looking fierce and ready to attack the intruder.

She expected anyone but the owner of the chuckle that came from her bed, Caroline was taken aback when she found Klaus sitting casually on the edge of her bed.

He was amused with the image, Caroline was dripping wet, she had a towel wrapped around her body while she ferociously held a bottle of shampoo in her hand. "Were you planning on killing someone with that?" he asked with a huge grin.

"I... no... it was the first thing that I... what... what are you doing here?" she finally managed to ask after a few stumbles.

Klaus rested his elbows on his knees and looked at Caroline with a hint of a smile and those piercing eyes that somehow caught all of her even if he wasn't sitting upright.