Rescue my girl

"I'm going out." Caroline said from the lobby before leaving the mansion, she waited for someone to react to it but everyone seemed busy and happily elsewhere.

"Wait!" Rebekah yelled closing the door behind her and running to catch up to Caroline by the car.

Caroline squinted at the other blonde wearing a side-braid today.

"I'm going with you." Rebekah walked around the car.

Caroline sighed inwardly before she got inside of Klaus' shiny black car. "I'm going to Stefan's, why are you going with me?" she looked at Rebekah for an answer.

Rebekah rolled her eyes. "I'm crawling up the walls, it seems like we haven't actually stepped outside of this house for weeks."

"I know Bekah, but it's not entirely safe to be out alone right now." Caroline slowly drove away.

"And yet here you are, escaping the golden prison and no one seems to be stopping you, not even Nik."

Caroline chuckled. "Like he could keep me inside against my will."

Rebekah tilted her head. "Why are you meeting Stefan anyway?"

"He wanted to talk to me in person and well... I offered to go because I couldn't stand to be inside yet another day, this entire house arrest is driving me up the walls as well." she confessed.

Rebekah smiled victoriously while Caroline started to speed down the road that lead to the Salvatore manor.

They parked behind Damon's blue Camaro and headed straight to the house, once inside Caroline called for the younger Salvatore brother who met them by the door.

"Hey Caroline, thanks for coming." he said with a smile.

"It's ok, I could use the change of scenery." she smiled with a look at Rebekah. "She tagged along for the same reasons..."

Stefan nodded with a small glance at Rebekah as well. "I'm sorry about Matt."

Rebekah decided not to react verbally, she just left the lobby and walked into the living room annoyed.

"Wow, blonde and blonder." Damon joked as they all started to show up. "And blondie." He winked at Rebekah.

Rebekah settled her eyes on Katherine who was sitting at the sofa.

"So what's this all about?" Caroline asked Stefan.

He stood in the middle of the living room with his arms crossed and a heavy expression. "Damon is going over to Denver to see Jeremy."

Caroline felt a strange knot in her stomach, she had forgotten all about Elena's brother. "He doesn't know about Matt yet..." she added sad.

"No he doesn't and although someone should tell him it shouldn't be over the phone." Stefan replied.

"But wait, why did you have to talk to me about this? And where is Elena?" Caroline asked with a look around.

Stefan pressed his lips.

"Elena is at home and she doesn't know that I'm going to Denver." Damon answered for him.

"Why not?" Caroline squinted at Damon.

He fought with the drink in his hand and uneasily gulped down what he already sipped.

"Damon believes that Elena isn't well." Stefan said.

"Define well." Caroline lingered on the word.

Damon eased his jaw and drank the rest of his bourbon straight up. "She's either possessed or she's not herself right now, as if someone else is in there."