Bonding

"Try not to be too upset Bekah..." Kol said while standing up from the table.

Rebekah simply kept on turning page after page in her book.

After a small dithering look at her Kol left his sister sitting alone, he crossed paths with Caroline as she entered the cafeteria. "Baby Vampire." he nodded once at her.

"Sibling from Hell." she smiled and then looked around, she was looking for Matt or for Bonnie but all she found was Rebekah sitting alone at a table flicking through some book without much enthusiasm, she looked after Kol and then back at the blonde, it was weird but she decided to join her, she didn't feel like being alone today either. "You were ditched?" she asked taking the empty chair in front of Rebekah.

Rebekah smiled but kept her eyes on the page. "Utterly and completely ditched by all my brothers. You may proceed with your happy dance now." she flicked her hand at Caroline.

The other smiled and rested her chin on her hands lazily while her elbows were on the table. "I'm not in the mood. So Kol finally decided that he was too good for this school?"

Rebekah rolled her eyes. "Elijah wants to spend quality time with Kol. Apparently when my brothers decided to send Nik away so that we could all recover for lost time and do all that bonding nonsense, they weren't including me on the family plans."

Caroline pursed her lips. "Sucks to be you. You're the only girl among so many guys."

Rebekah pouted. "Nik is the only one who matters."

"Which is weird yet strangely sweet." Caroline added with a reminiscent tone, she missed bumping into him everywhere she turned.

"I wish for his fast return so that he can snap Kol's annoying neck every two hours." Rebekah added returning her eyes to the page in front of her.

Caroline smiled. "He is sort of cocky and annoying."

"You have no idea, he believes that he is God's sent gift to all women."

Caroline laughed. "I realized that already. What about Elijah? I figured that he would want to spend as much time with you as he wants to spend with Kol."

Rebekah crossed her arms over the table. "Elijah is my big brother as in big and much older. I love him don't get me wrong but I'm not as comfortable around him and I think he looks at me like I'm still a little child. It's patronizing and infinitely condescending."

"But Klaus looks at you the same way and he is very protective of you."

"Nik is different. He's my brother, my father, my mother, my best friend all mixed into one..." Rebekah stopped for a second and looked at Caroline with a smile. "You seem to be very comfortable speaking about my brother Caroline..." she narrowed her eyes.

Caroline unconsciously bit her lip. "I... well... ok, Nik and I kissed before he left."

"You don't say..." Rebekah smiled with a raised eyebrow. "You finally gave in, huh? It only took you what, three months?"

Caroline glared at her. "Let me guess, most women gave in within weeks or the exact opposite I guess. So what does that make me, pathetic or easy?"

"You are neither. And Nik compelled all the women before you for company, you were the first one he didn't even try to compel."

Caroline swallowed hard, she found it incredibly hard not to feel flattered even when Rebekah was talking about other women and Klaus in the same sentence. "I thought that he would never have to resort into compelling women. He is charming and attractive, if I hadn't known all that he did I'd probably be drooling all over him."