You promised me

Klaus leaned over the coffin. "This is it Elijah... it all ends tonight." He looked at his brother sad, he needed him more than ever by his side. "I'll try to make you proud." he walked away with that small encouragement.

Outside on the hallway Bonnie was waiting for him. "We should start thinking about giving him an actual grave Klaus, the fact that he is an Original and doesn't fade away like the rest of us won't last forever. He needs to be put to rest in peace."

"You should see to that Bonnie, when all of this comes to an end." Klaus said quietly.

"Me?" she widened her eyes a little stunned.

"He would have liked that Bonnie, after all he was in love with you."

She looked down on the floor not sure what to say so she smiled instead, when Klaus handed her something she squinted at the envelope and then looked at him.

"Since yesterday everything that I own is in Caroline's name..." he nodded at Bonnie.

She took the envelope shaking, this only made everything so much real. "Klaus... no matter how many times we've tried this... it's still really risky, so many things can go wrong and..." she clasped the envelope close to her chest.

Klaus smiled at her. "It all ends tonight Bonnie, one way or the other so just make sure that Caroline is safe and out of harm's way. Keep her protected in case all else fails."

Bonnie raspy had a deep breath, she knew that they weren't all returning home tonight.

Caroline was waiting for them with the rest of the family in the lobby.

Kol handed Bonnie her jacket and smiled warmly at her, they were the first to leave.

Rebekah looked at Caroline and Klaus worried. "Just get back in one piece." she told the couple and turned around just as Damon pulled over in the driveway.

Klaus turned to face his bride, they were the last ones remaining and Caroline was nervous for what he could tell, he took her hand to sooth her. "It's going to be all right love."

"Just be careful Nik... please." she asked him softly.

Klaus took his time reaching out to touch her cheek. "I'll always find my way back to you sweetheart, no matter what. And you should always keep that in mind."

"I hate when you talk like that." she whispered showing how much she was worried about tonight.

"It's the truth Caroline, we've been through a great deal to stand here today together and together we shall remain." he tucked a few golden locks behind her ear.

She didn't miss the tension in his ways. "I have a bad feeling about all of this, I've had it ever since Elijah died and I realized that none of you were safe. That you weren't safe..." her voice dropped right there.

Her agony ripped through Klaus ruthlessly but there was no other way to do this, he pulled her closer to him and rested his forehead against hers. "I love you Caroline Forbes, with all of myself. Like I never imagined it was possible to love someone and to be loved in return. You are the woman of my life, the one and only I will love until there is no more blood rushing inside of me."

Caroline's tears escaped her silently while she placed her hands over his. "I'm terrified of losing you Nik..."

Klaus tensed his hold on her face faltering on his steady voice. "These were the vows I wrote for our wedding Caroline, I promise you that I will repeat them to you soon." He kissed her forehead.

Caroline didn't let him pull away as he intended and looked up into these eyes she knew so well by now. "I love you."

Klaus smiled and finally pulled away from her, she sniffled with every step that he took away from her, she couldn't bear the thought of losing him and it was crippling her.