Old names New threats

"What..." Caroline murmured dizzy and about to faint, she sat down abruptly on the sofa and stared at Stefan horrified. "Damon is wrong... Jeremy is wrong, everyone is wrong. This... this isn't real Stefan."

Stefan said nothing, he was too numb for a reaction.

Caroline stood up with a waterfall about to unleash. "She can't be dead, Elena can't be dead." she repeated. "Not Elena as well Stefan, tell me that they're wrong."

Wth an emotional motion Stefan moved and took her into his arms, hugging her while she started to cry.

"We lost her Stefan, we lost her as well in the end." she cried hard in his arms.

He clasped his lips fighting the tears, he hadn't been able to protect Elena and keep her unharmed and he would never forgive himself for it but he also knew that Damon wouldn't as well.

On the house cellars Klaus dropped a huge box filled with light bulbs next to Kol and smirked at him.

"Hilarious Nik. Was it your idea or baby vampire's?" he narrowed his eyes snarky.

Klaus pulled a chair and sat coolly against the back of it with a shrug. "It was Caroline's, however you have to understand that we have approximately 50 lights in the house and you've managed to destroy all of them." He gave Kol a crooked smile. "You should get to it as soon as you wrap this up."

Kol somberly nodded. "This public affair will haunt me for all eternity now..."

Klaus laughed.

"It was a small incident of collateral damage." Kol moved the box to the side using his bat which was covered in blood.

Klaus' laughter filled their underground cellar again. "I liked Bonnie's expression much better, I think it was something under the lines of making spells?"

"At least we didn't implode the house from our bedroom..." Kol mumbled.

"Is that a blush?" Klaus kept on laughing. "I can't wait to tell Rebekah about it."

Kol never enjoyed being the laughingstock of the family and he hated being in that vulnerable position now, usually he was the one taking advantage of all the sordid events regarding his siblings. "I'm terribly sorry if I've ruined your precious vintage and antique bulbs going back to the 20's or something." he snapped.

"Actually they are very modern LED lithis."

"Oh whatever..." Kol huffed.

"And Caroline is the one most upset about it, apparently you are messing with the Chi of the house."

"For God's sake!" Kol couldn't help a roll of his eyes. "Are you not the owner of this gigantic house?"

"Everything I own belongs to her Kol, besides you'll soon find out we own nothing, it's all theirs once they step in." Klaus raised his eyebrows.

"Fabulous... and helpful to know..." Kol looked at Klaus a little more serious now. "You seem to be in a really good mood."

Klaus beamed. "I am."

Kol squinted questioning him.

Klaus showed his dimples. "Maybe you'll get there one day with Bonnie, it doesn't matter if everything is in havoc around us, I have Caroline."

The simplicity in Klaus' words stroke a chord with Kol, as united as they had been as a family, dysfunctional but still united, the one thing that always drove Klaus and pushed him further was the search for that kind of love that truly accepted him for what he was and loved him back in the same intense and unconditional way he was able to love.