Focus on my breathing

"Hello? Earth to Caroline?" Bonnie waved her hand in front of her friend laughing.

"Ummm... what was that again?" the blonde asked slowly.

"Where are you? I've been talking for the last 20 minutes or so and you're just somewhere else."

"Don't be silly Bonnie, I'm right here." Caroline refocused.

Bonnie placed her hand on her hip trying to make a statement which made Caroline smile.

"What were we talking about?"

"I was saying that after I met with Klaus I searched Grams' library and I might have found something there that can help us."

"How was the meeting by the way? I'm still not over the fact that you were stubborn enough to go alone." Caroline gave her a look behind her sunglasses.

"I've learned by now that he is not going to hurt any of us, at least not until we kill his mother. For the time being, he needs us and he needs Elena alive so I made a deal with him."

Caroline raised an eyebrow. "A deal?"

"Yes, he backs off for now and I'll find a way to send Esther back to... wherever she belongs."

"And you think that we can trust him not to flip the switch on us?"

"Well, we've made deals like this before and he has always kept his word, more or less... besides, Elijah is coming back soon and I made a deal with him as well and that one is for sure keeping his end of the deal."

Caroline leaned back on the grass where they were sitting and soaking up the sun. "My my Bon, haven't you been the busy little bee working on supernatural deals..."

Bonnie smiled cheeky and leaned back next to her friend. "You have been busy as well... Klaus asked me to tell you that you two have a drinking game to finish."

"Ugh, he can wait all that he wants because it's not going to happen." Caroline said with a grunt.

"Is there like anything that you want to tell me?" Bonnie asked amused.

"About what? He walked into The Grill the other day while I was there and we had a drink. That's all there is to it."

"Care?"

"Yes?" she sighed.

"You know that you can tell me anything." Bonnie softly said.

"There's nothing to say. We only had a drink, that's it."

"Okay." Bonnie simply said and looked away.

Caroline took her sunglasses off. "What?"

"I said okay..." her friend smiled.

Caroline gave Bonnie a look and she smiled giving in to her friend, she did know her better than anyone.

"I just want you to know that you can talk to me about everything happening in your life. I'm not going to judge you or anything like that." Bonnie assured her.

"Shouldn't you be freaking out and telling me not to do something really stupid right now?" Caroline asked in a low voice.

Bonnie shrugged. "I already messed up when I first found out that you were a vampire and I'm not going to make the mistake of pushing you away again. As for Klaus..." she threw her hand in the air. "Elena chose Damon and Matt is dating Rebekah, so what if you and Klaus have this weird thing going on... honestly Care? I might as well ask Kol on a date myself."

"Well, he is extremely hot." Caroline said widening her eyes.

The two friends laughed enjoying the little normal moment for a change.