Florence

Damon stopped the drink already on the way to his mouth to answer Stefan's call. "Twice in a day? Someone is feeling needy."

Stefan huffed from the other side. "I'm just checking in. How is everything?"

"Everything is fine baby brother." he finally had his drink, a loud laughter came from the pool tables and he deviated his eyes over to Rebekah and Matt, the cutie-pie teenager couple from Mystic Falls.

"... where are you, at The Grill? Is Elena there with you?"

Damon realized that Stefan was still talking. "Elena shut me down once we got home after the bizarre visit to Klaus' estate, I was upset and decided that I needed a drink surrounded by lame people." Damon explained snappy.

"You left Elena alone?"

Damon poured another drink, he could sense Stefan's panic shriek all the way to this side of the line. "She's fine Stefan, stop freaking out like there's a reason for it."

"What happened?" Stefan tried to sound calm and collected.

"Oh, I'm pretty sure you don't want to know the details of everything. There was some kissing and clothes removed before she pulled the tired headache old excuse and kicked me out of our room. I wasn't going to mope on the couch like a loser so I came to The Grill instead. At least in here I saw Bonnie get wasted and dragged home by the young annoying Original with a taste for the sports. Rebekah is still around with Matt."

Stefan sighed deeply and Damon knew that it was because of the details between him and Elena.

"I warned you." Damon simply added.

"Just... go home and keep an eye on Elena. Can you do that Damon?"

Damon pulled a fake serious face while nodding. "Sure thing Stefan, I'm on my way home right now." he ended the call having his drink and trying his best to ignore the walking by couple that left hand in hand.

These two just bugged him and he couldn't really tell why.

Caroline was looking at everything with hungry eyes, the striking city was just as fascinating as she thought it would be when she looked down on it from that hill.

She smiled at the sight of the houses, they were so different from the ones she had grew up seeing, the monuments were unbelievable and Klaus was driving so slow that she had time to gasp and admire them with an open mouth, she mumbled a wow and smiled hugely when a group of teens went by the car speaking loud Italian, she giggled because it was just weird listening to it.

Suddenly she looked at Klaus. "You speak Italian..." she mentioned with sparkling bright eyes.

"A bit better than most Italians." he said with his eyes on the road, remembering now where he had to turn, he hadn't been to Florence in a couple of years.

Caroline sighed deeply and returned her gaze to the heart of the city. "Sometimes I think that you are just too perfect to be real."

Klaus laughed. "When you have done everything you can think of at least twice you pick up a few languages on the way to keep yourself busy."

Caroline smiled. "I'll remember that..." she said mesmerized by the huge cathedral on her left, she was certain that she had never seen anything so spectacular.

Klaus shook his head smiling, she was happy and taking everything in just like a little kid and she was talking openly about accepting the fact that she was a vampire, he expected her to be fascinated by this trip but to actually see Caroline so at ease and eating everything up was incredible and more than he could have hoped for.