Nik

Caroline rested against the Sheriff's car while she waited for her mother to come out of the City Hall building, she ran her hand through her long hair one more time, these town council meetings were really annoying and long, she kept looking at the door but she didn't expect it to end so soon, they were going to discuss all the recent news from the Original family.

Everyone was waiting for Esther to make a move but yet she seemed determined on yanking everyone's chains slowly, Elijah had lost track of Finn and the Original bitch again which meant that he had to start from scratch and the trail had turned cold as ice after New Orleans.

At least that's what she got from Rebekah, the two of them seemed to have reached some sort of understanding and decided to maintain conversation without all the usual confrontation.

Rebekah also filled her in on the new car arrangements, Kol was the one who now drove them to school instead of Klaus, after another epic fight between them Klaus had simply checked out of the older brother duties.

Caroline felt the wind on her face, it was a grey day in Mystic Falls.

She chewed on her bottom lip wondering if Klaus was at the meeting, she hadn't seen him in a few days and she reluctantly admitted that she missed seeing him around her school or at The Grill.

Finally she saw movement and her mother left the building along with a few other town inhabitants, Liz shook hands with one of the Council members and then looked at her daughter, Caroline shifted the weight from her right leg to the left one knowing immediately from her mother's look that she was in trouble.

"So what was so urgent that it couldn't wait until tonight?" she asked trying to sound innocent as her mother came within her reach.

"You know that I'm working tonight." Liz answered upset.

"Did something happen?" Caroline tried to keep her innocence going.

"Rick told me that you haven't been to his class for weeks now, do you mind telling me why you attend every other class except History?"

Her mother was really mad so she tried to shake it off instead of going against her. "History is over rated." Caroline mumbled, feeling a mix of guilt for being caught and anger for being reprimanded like a little girl by her mother.

"Don't try to be cute Caroline, this is serious." Liz said in a low voice so that no one would listen to their fight.

"Seriously? What could possibly happen that is so bad? If I flunk his class I have forever to do it again." she defied her mother with an attitude.

"Alaric has forever as well so what are your plans? To avoid him for eternity and give up on school?" Liz was extremely mad and about to lose it big time.

Caroline crumbled her lips. "I knew that you wouldn't understand..."

"Understand what? What's with the attitude all of a sudden?" Liz was trying really hard not to scream at her daughter in the middle of the town square now.

"Oh, I'm sorry if I'm having a really hard time standing in the same room with the man who killed my father. I get that you don't care but unlike you I actually loved my father. As much as a screw up that he was, he was the only father I had and Alaric killed him, even if he was compelled, sick or whatever he was, he stabbed him to death and I'm supposed to be ok with that? Everyone seems to be all forgiving and moving on but I don't want to, not this time." Caroline yelled and stormed away.

She heard her mother calling after her but she was way too mad to even care, she felt like screaming and kicking things, maybe even someone.

Sometimes she felt like no one really understood her.