The Carnival

"How about this one?" Rebekah asked while giving a spin for Caroline who just shook her head not agreeing with the green choice. "You don't like it?" she grumbled.

Caroline smiled warmly. "It's too fancy for a school event, it's a Carnival School Fair Bekah and you should be wearing something comfortable yet pretty for Matt."

"I thought that this one was the biggest way of saying that I'm casual yet foxy." Rebekah was confused.

Caroline laughed. "It screams, I just left my really big mansion and now I'm about to hang out with the poor class. We definitely need to avoid the entire Titanic vibe." she said with a circle movement of her hand.

Rebekah huffed before turning around to change her outfit for the fifth time, while waiting for the next choice Caroline took her phone and called Elena for a few last-minute arrangements for the fair, she hadn't done this in a while but she hadn't lost the hang of it, she had organized everything to the last detail hovered by Rebekah who tried to help but in reality just kept asking why they couldn't organize something more interesting and less cheesy.

Caroline already knew Rebekah enough to know that she was overexcited about this.

"Hey C... how about this one?" Rebekah showed up again in front of Caroline wearing a short bandage blue steamy dress.

Caroline ended her call with a laugh. "B... how do you expect to move around in that?"

"Too much?" Rebekah asked squinting.

"Stop being stubborn and move on from the sexy dresses, you will look as sexy in a pair of jeans and a really tight top with a big cleavage."

Rebekah pouted like a little child and crossed her arms. "But I wanted to wear a dress."

"God, why are you so stubborn? It's not like this is the first date that you will have with Matt."

"I'm not stubborn, and it's the first time that we will be with his friends so I want to look flawless..." she admitted.

"You are stubborn!" Klaus said from the door, when the girls looked at him he smiled. "But you will always look stunning in anything that you wear sweetheart just that you will look more attractive if you feel comfortable in it. And you do not have to worry about impressing him or his friends, you certainly don't need a silly searing dress for that."

"Thank you." Caroline said raising her hands in the air. "That's what I've tried to explain for hours now."

Rebekah turned her back on them silently and walked back into her closet without protesting.

"Your sister drives me nuts." Caroline told Klaus while covering her face desperate.

"So much happened while I was away, you two became good friends and apparently to the point where you seem to have lost the need to spell your entire names accurately, you are now resorting to letters. And what's this that I've heard about you giving Rebekah driving lessons?"

Caroline laughed with will. "I needed the distraction."

Klaus sighed and moved closer to Caroline making her heart race inside of her chest, wait, did her heart still beat? She couldn't remember anything because his smell was all over her now and it sure felt like her blood was pumping lively into her heart.

He cupped her face with one strong hand and asked softly. "Did I not ask you to refrain from doing any sort of stupid act while I was away Caroline?"

She swallowed hard swearing that he lingered on that I of her name on purpose. "I usually don't do what I'm expected..." she whispered.

Klaus lingered his stunning eyes on her face, taking in every detail like he was memorizing every single curve or line in it, she felt the heat in her cheeks and expected him to kiss her now but his sinful lips twisted into a roguish smile.